Lost at the Gym

Options
i just recently joined a gym i have lost 22 lbs since Febuary but it has been a battle. I have been stuck at the same number for over a month. I though i would join a gym and do more. I was walking 2 times a day and 1 hour of Zumba a week. I still intend to keep the zumba. And i been doing the 30 min of Elliptical training 4 times a week. But somehow i gained 2 lbs in the last week since starting this. Am I doing something wrong? Should i spend more time on the Elliptical? I should i add another day to my 4 day work out week?

I am so lost with all this i just want to scale to keep going down and feel better about myself. I have 94 pounds to go! I see all these other people that can drop 10 pounds a month. And although I am proud to say i have maintaned the same weight. At the same time i been this weight since the begining of May.

PLEASE HELP ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

Replies

• holbert74
    holbert74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Could be you are gaining muscle! Muscle weighs more than fat. Throw the scale out and just go by how you are feeling and how your clothes fit. Scales are EVIL!!!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A pound is a pound, either a pound of fat or a pound of muscle it still weighs the same a pound. Are you eating enough, how's your diet is it high in sodium / processed foods? That can all affect your water weight, depending on where you are at for the month that changes your weight as well.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You may want to take your measurements. Sometimes the scale doesn't move, but your measurements go down.
  • beanerific518
    Options
    A pound is a pound, either a pound of fat or a pound of muscle it still weighs the same a pound. Are you eating enough, how's your diet is it high in sodium / processed foods? That can all affect your water weight, depending on where you are at for the month that changes your weight as well.

^This.

Are you doing any kind of strength training so you don't lose your lean muscle mass?
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest I don't know much about weight loss. I'm pretty close to the same situation as you. The one thing I can tell you that my trainer told me was to change things up when you stop losing. Your body can get used to the same routine.
  • rando348
    rando348 Posts: 22
    Options
    if you like the ellptic try turning up the resistance. Try intervals. 30 seconds higher intensity, then back off to a lower intensity for a minute to catch your breath. Repeat, repeat, repeat.