Has Anyone Had Success With The Gazelle?

I have a treadmill sitting in the back in my storage room that never gets used I am probably gonna end up giving it away because I like going to the gym and using the treadmills they have there. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has used Tony Little's Gazelle and if so have you had success with it? How much weight have you lost? Did you like it or have problems with it? I would love to hear your feedback before I decide to purchase it. Thanks guys!!!

Replies

• rando348
    rando348 Posts: 22
    I would think the elliptic trainers at your gym would do better than the gazelle. I haven't used it though just trying to save you money.
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    The last time I lost weight (4 years ago lol) I used it every day. At first you think, ah this is easy, and then I couldnt move the next day! Hehe. At that time I was 240 lbs. I started with 20 mins and pushed myself daily to add more time, and more intensity. I went down to 155.

I absolutely loved it, and I am watching kijiji/craigs list for a used one to use now.
    I hope that helps! :)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Thanks guys, I've tried the eliptical and yea that killed the back of my legs. It hurt to walk. I just want something that I know I will put to good use..
  • I use my Gazelle on a daily basis (and weight train every other day). I broke my ankle back in November so the gazelle is perfect for me because it's lower impact than a treadmill :) I personally love it!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    L O V E my gazelle!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    The gazelle almost killed me.....first time I got on it I went flying backwards!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Ok I am really thinking about getting one now. So thank you so much guys!!! And good luck to you all on your continued quest to loose this weight!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,915 Member
    I bought my Gazelle in February and was having great success, then in April I slacked off due to a busy month at work. I have been using my Gazelle it faithfully since the beginning of May again and along with MFP, I am down nine pounds and approximately 10 inches. I think it's great! I have problems with my knees and after the first week or so, they don't bother me anymore. FYI though part of my problem in April was I folded it up instead of leaving it out, therefore it was harder to be motivated. If I leave it set up, I find myself getting on several times throughout the day.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    I lost 60 pounds in 4 months,
    5 years ago using my gazelle.
    I would do an hour a day
    But, I have to tell you, I had a bunch of Sex in the City taped,
    and I would NOT ALLOW myself to watch unless I was on the gazelle.
    Also, ate about 900-1100 cals a day, did 15 minute increments to start, resting 10 between,
    ended with 3 20 minute FAST sessions, 19 minutes rest.
    I have one outside now..totally forgot about it..gonna get
    on that sucker tomorrow!
  • Spirit76
    Spirit76 Posts: 9 Member
    I've had mine for years now just pulled it out last week, im wanting to loose 20lbs. I just need some motovation .