heeelpppp meee pls!!!

Options
i have over 600 cals left...im hungary but have limited food in the house any ideas

Replies

• wengoulet
    Options
    I am obsessed with green apples cut up and "pumkin seed butter" its organic and very satisfying, high in protein....do you have pop corn? rice cakes? ummmm cereal??? I always struggle in the evening, I love snacking!!
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I am obsessed with green apples cut up and "pumkin seed butter" its organic and very satisfying, high in protein....do you have pop corn? rice cakes? ummmm cereal??? I always struggle in the evening, I love snacking!!

i have to go food shopping so i have NO bread fruits or veggies!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    What do you have in the house? Just eat a variety of things until you reach your target. Orange juice with eggs and cheese and half a peanut butter sandwich should get you there.
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of food you have in the house... salads are always a great option - raw spinach with a couple slice grape tomatoes and carrot slivers, most of the time I won't even use a salad dressing for it... sandwiches are a pretty decent option as well - 1 can of tuna = 80 calories, 2 slices of bread = 140 (if 70 calories a slice), a teaspoon or two of mayonaise (regular, fat free, or vegenaise, or whatever else)...
    peanutbutter or almond butetr with fruit preserves is also not too bad on calories... oatmeal.... yogurt & millet or flax seed...
    If you have eggs, you could either do hard boiled eggs or an egg salad... same with a potato (baked or mashed, or chopped into potato salad).

Oops.. never mind.. I see you have no bread, fruit or veggies.... what about eggs, tuna (or some other fishy type food), or potatoes?
  • kryssy77
    Options
    Thx for all the ideas,,,although i still have no clue 600 cals left is to much right? i had 242 left last night!! im alwasy under and never kno what to eat
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well.. if you have milk or juice in the house, it's very very easy to drink up those calories! (bonus with milk is getting some extra protein and calcium)...
  • kryssy77
    Options
    Well.. if you have milk or juice in the house, it's very very easy to drink up those calories! (bonus with milk is getting some extra protein and calcium)...

My kids drank all the milk...lol and i dont drink juice
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    600 calories is actually not much depending on what you eat. I just consumed 700 cals for dinner and will probably go over tonight. Just forage in the cabinents and eat. Eating not so healthful food once in a while will not kill you.
    Thx for all the ideas,,,although i still have no clue 600 cals left is to much right? i had 242 left last night!! im alwasy under and never kno what to eat
  • ZuzanaFan
    Options
    Try these! They are so yummy, easy to make and satisfys a sweet craving and as an extra fill for calories.

Low-Calorie Oatmeal Cran-Raisin Cookies:

2 cups old-fashioned Quaker oats
    1-1/3 cups Flour
    ¾ tsp baking soda
    ½ tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp salt
    1 cup cran-raisins
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    ¾ cup (1-1/2 stick) butter
    ¼ cup granulated sugar
    1 egg
    1 tbsp honey
    1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cran-raisins in medium bowl.

2. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed
    until well blended. Beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, honey and vanilla; beat at medium speed until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, about ½ cup at a time. Do not overmix dough or it will become too soft.

3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls or cookie scoop at least 2 inches apart onto a prepared cookie sheet. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until cookies are puffed and golden. Do Not Overbake. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
    Makes about 3 dozen cookies

Servings: 1 cookie

Calories less then 100 per serving
  • kryssy77
    Options
    Try these! They are so yummy, easy to make and satisfys a sweet craving and as an extra fill for calories.

Low-Calorie Oatmeal Cran-Raisin Cookies:

2 cups old-fashioned Quaker oats
    1-1/3 cups Flour
    ¾ tsp baking soda
    ½ tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp salt
    1 cup cran-raisins
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    ¾ cup (1-1/2 stick) butter
    ¼ cup granulated sugar
    1 egg
    1 tbsp honey
    1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cran-raisins in medium bowl.

2. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed
    until well blended. Beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, honey and vanilla; beat at medium speed until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, about ½ cup at a time. Do not overmix dough or it will become too soft.

3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls or cookie scoop at least 2 inches apart onto a prepared cookie sheet. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until cookies are puffed and golden. Do Not Overbake. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
    Makes about 3 dozen cookies

Servings: 1 cookie

Calories less then 100 per serving
    I wish i had time right now to make this i may make them friday when i have time!!! lol they sound great
  • ZuzanaFan
    Options
    Do try them! I usually make a double batch so that they last me for about two weeks. They stay fresh the whole time! I think you will find these VERY satisfying and they are listed in the recipes too. Good luck and I hope you enjoy.

Oh, one more thing... have two similar recipes...one is with wheat flour and is listed as Low-Cal Oatmeal Cran-Raisin Cookies and then this one of course listed as Oatmeal Cran-Raisin Cookies: Choose your cookie and just sit back and enjoy!
  • Amber42803
    Options
    If you have nothing, then I guess you can't eat anything, right. If you're struggling to find something with nothing, you'll have found emptiness. No bread, fruits, or veggies. What about a can of soup? You didn't say you don't have that. If you don't what about...Saltine crackers, with cheese? Or as others have said, drink your calories. Indulge in a nice hot cup of hot chocolate, or coffee? If nothing sounds appealing to you, maybe you're not really hungry. Drink some water. That may curb your hunger. A lot of times people feel hungry, and they're really not, they're actually thirsty. I'm sure you'll figure something out. Do you maybe have sunflower seeds lying around. The ones that come with the shell already off are about 200 cals. for 1/4 cup. A lot of calories, but they're said to be healthy. Best of luck.

ALC
  • kryssy77
    Options
    bump for the great cookies recipe
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    if you can't meet your cals one day, i think it is ok, maybe even beneficial. just make sure you eat a nice breakfast in the AM, and all your cals during the rest of the day.