Heartrate monitor

Options
Hi I have a polar ft4. It apparantly works directly with the eliptical at the gym which is wonderful. My issue is the calorie count is WAY off between the watch read out and the machine. First workout watch was 75 lower than machine 2nd work out was a little over 100 lower. I enter weight and age into the machine as well as having already entered my information into the watch. Which reading would you go with? I know the watch doesn't read the resistance or crossramp on the machime so I was thinking the machine is more accurate, that and I really like the extra calories. lol TIA

Replies

• rando348
    rando348 Posts: 22
    Options
    if your model of polar watch doesn't let you input your weight I'd go with the machine
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    I entered weight, height and age into it plus enter it in the machine. they r both reading from the same device but giving 2 very different calorie counts.
  • milo321
    milo321 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would go with what your own heart rate monitor says...a lot of the newer polar ones will synch to you and your personal stats. In fact, i find a big difference btwn my calorie burn according to MFP, and my HRM....i gi with the monitor b/c it i monitor my own heart beating...not an avg preprogrammed into a machine or equation! HTH!:smile: