Still Going! 15 lbs gone on a small frame

Options
macnotes
macnotes Posts: 210 Member
Hi! Since I often troll the success stories to find inspiration, I wanted to share my progress so far. I've lost 15 lbs in the last 6 months. Not as much as some, but on my smaller 5'5'' frame, It does show! If you think, what difference will 15 lbs make? Well, this much!

Thanks for being such great inspirations my fellow MFP'ers keep it up!

Stats:
Highest Weight: 163.2 in December 2011
Mid Weight: 154 in March 2012
Current Weight: 147 in June 2012
Height: 5'5''

progressionk.jpg

Add, how I did it. Well, definitely first thing was tracking my food and making the choice to measure what I ate. Then I joined up with a boot camp and exercised about 2-4 times a week. Lately I've been watching the grains after lunch and eating more veggies. I'm vegetarian, which really didn't make a difference with weight loss since I've been one since September 2009. Planning my meals ahead so that I have lots of quick, easy options like eggs and dairy to eat when I get home. And cutting up veggies and actually eating them is helpful. I ride my bike to work and walk my dogs (about 30 minutes a day) and always take the stairs. Being surrounded by motivating people on a similar journey also helps!

Replies

• cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well Michelle! You are rocking that bikini! Keep up the great work!!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    wow.... The side view really shows such an amazing loss. NICE work.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As another small framed woman I really want to hear how you did it - you look great! Smaller folks have a harder time at this weight management thing and I am always inspired by others who have been successful. Looking forward to hearing how you did it! In advance, thanks.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I totally understand having a small frame...I'm 4'11 and I lost 20 lbs
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! This is big news as well as the proposal lol ♥
  • lesboots
    lesboots Posts: 1
    Options
    Yeeeeehaw! Way to go, lady! You look fantastic. Maybe I should switch to BDHQ... ;)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You carry your weight really well. You look much smaller than what you weigh.
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    Great job,!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Proud of you Michelle!! You will inspire many as you do me on a daily basis! :flowerforyou:

Psst and I'm looking for that bikini! :wink:
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm shorter than you at 5'2" and have only lost six pounds in the last 3.5 months, but they finally seem to be coming off these past couple weeks. Thanks for sharing your success!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!
  • sjmeadsander
    Options
    this is so inspiring!! i'm 5'1" and when i started my new job march 19th, i was at 164lbs. My goal is 135 and i'm at 157 now. Its not much but the pounds i have lost in the last few months is ALL i have lost in the past few years! and i have sure been trying!! My new job is much more active which has a lot to do with it but your story pushes me that much more to eat better :)
  • Amanda_Grace25
    Options
    You look great!!!!!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    15 lbs makes such a big difference on us shorties. You look great!!!
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! As a shortie myself (5'2) and also dropped 15lbs,it does make a huge difference! and i see a HUGE difference in you too,congrats! :D
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!

So when you going to really get into the picking up heavy stuff? :happy:
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    you're doing such a great job! im priviliged to have you as a friend on here :) you look FANTASTIC! x
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    great results! Preparation the week/night before is always what keeps me on track as well. Kudos to you. :)
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!