Allow Me to Introduce Myself.......

Options
I am new to this site and I am hoping it will help me "break the cycle" of being overweight for me and my family. Please feel free to read my story and comment.

:tongue:

Replies

• Petunia_K
    Options
    I hope this site helps you. The people are very supportive and eager to help each other. Good luck in your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,985 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, Courtney.

this is a great site with a lot of supportive people.
    Take the time to learn about the features of the site and use them

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Plan your meals ahead of time and log them before you eat and then stick to the plan.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.

You can do this :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    Welcome! If you have any quistions about this site just ask and ANYONE including myself would be more than happy to help you out! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • nene51983
    nene51983 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you welcoming me. I hope with people like you and the knowledge I can gain from this site, I will be on my way to a slimmer, happier, healthier me, in no time.

Any tips on how to jump start my weight loss? I am the QUEEN of eating anything that is BAD for me. I love pizza, ice cream and chocolate. Need new food odeas and need to keep them interesting or I know I will give in when I get bored of eating all the same foods......
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you welcoming me. I hope with people like you and the knowledge I can gain from this site, I will be on my way to a slimmer, happier, healthier me, in no time.

Any tips on how to jump start my weight loss? I am the QUEEN of eating anything that is BAD for me. I love pizza, ice cream and chocolate. Need new food odeas and need to keep them interesting or I know I will give in when I get bored of eating all the same foods......

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do! Edy's slow churned, no sugar added Cookie Dough is sooooooo great! :love: I'm an ice-cream lover, and I can't tell the difference between that and the "real thing") Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile: