Finding Balance

Options
Finding some sort of balance is something that I have been seriously struggling with. When I say balance, I mean a balance between staying focused and motivated on my weight loss goals but also living a healthy life. Whenever I start to become serious about eating healthy and working out, I find that I start to obsess over it and think about it all the time. Its rough because I know I need to be somewhat obsessed in order to stay motivated and stick to my goals, but how do I balance that motivated obsessiveness with my regular life. I hate feeling like I am being consumed by anything, and so every time these obsessive feelings come up, I tend to just give up.

Replies

• dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    you are no the only one
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    I am also an all or nothing gal... Still working on learning that...
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I was so happy to lose the weight I lost, then I have to keep going. Keep walking, Keep eating healthy and overall just keep moving. I sometimes am afraid that one day will derail everything even though I know that's not possible.
  • fishiesintheseaa
    fishiesintheseaa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thats the perfect way to put it; all or nothing. Its sort of like I think about every single thing I eat and every single workout I plan on doing (which becomes so stressful) or I just say eff it and I don't do anything. I just want to figure out a way for eating healthy and exercising to become less stressful and more natural!