Half Marathon Runners? ADD ME!

Options
Hey! I'm training for my first half marathon and trying to get a grip on my eating habits along the way. I'm new as of today and would LOVE buddies (whether training for a half or not) to keep me accountable and cheer me on.

Replies

• skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your my new friend already but I ran my first one Sept last year and am "training" for another in October.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Did my first half in October, then another in Feb. Focusing on triathlon right now, but hopefully next half will be in Sept or Oct.
  • skinny4baby2
    Options
    Awesome! I am 8 weeks into training and run my first July 14. I'm hoping all goes well there because I'd like to take another 16 weeks to do an even tougher training plan and do another half in October. We'll see.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm hoping to run one in Nov. Add me if you like :)
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congrads on your training. I ran my first trail half marathon in early April, have my second trail half in Aug and my first road half marathon in Oct. Besides when i got married and the birth of my children, finishing it is one of the best feeling ever! You can do it! Stay on track with training and u will rock it!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have run a half but was injured at the time. I starting to run again and hoping that I will be able to do one by the end of the year.
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Add me! I completed my first 1/2 marathon last fall and just started training for a full marathon here in November. I am learning about nutrition and such as I go on this new adventure. Add me as a "Friend" too! Good luck....:smile::wink:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm training for my first half marathon and trying to get a grip on my eating habits along the way. I'm new as of today and would LOVE buddies (whether training for a half or not) to keep me accountable and cheer me on.

I'm running a half this Sat :-)
  • amandakjones
    Options
    Cool! I ran my first half marathon in September 2010 and will be running my fourth this September. This summer I really want to focus on my nutritional needs and how that affects my running as well as my strength training workouts.
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started running in May of 2011 and ran my first half marathon in Oct 2011, ran my second in May 2012, and am starting a training program in July for my third half this coming October. Would love to have a support group here too!!
  • littleredfairy
    Options
    I have just started training for mine in October, i am assured it is enough time, but bit scared!
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half in October and training for a triathlon in August as part of the overall training schedule. For the first time in my life, I feel like an athlete :)
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half marathon in October! Feel free to add me!!
  • librislady
    librislady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the AthHalf in October, and I'm also part of the Half Marathon Training Group group. Hi, friend! :D
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'll send a request right now!

I started my training mid-February and completed my half on May 20th in Myrtle Beach.

You're going to do great!!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm training for one on the 4th of July right now! I'm hitting a bunch of walls, so add me so we can keep each other accountable!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Running my first half this October!
  • dillonfc123
    dillonfc123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Training for triathlons so kind of along the same lines. Would be happy to motivate, add me if you want!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my 2nd one coming up on Saturday! Feel free to add me! I always welcome advice and support from other runners!