New Here, 145 Pounds to Lose

Options
Hello all! I'm kind of a newbie on here - I've had the app for months, but (as it has been my whole life) I have not succeeded in losing any weight. I'm twenty-one and have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I can recall being eight years old and trying to put myself on a diet. I gain weight quickly and easily. My problem is that I have zero willpower and I expect too much. I want to make the change, but I need help and lots of it! I'm around 5'2'' and weigh in at about 278 pounds. Feel free to add me, I am ready to push as well as be pushed - my health is my biggest issue at the moment, and I'm ready to fix it!

Replies

• caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You aren't alone :)

Best of luck! Feel free to add me!
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You can do this. We can do this. I don't have a lot of will power either, but since I have joined MFP it seems easier. I have a great group of friends on here. And I respect them enough to give myself that extra push.

Feel free to add me if you like. Your body will love you
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I'm 22, and struggled with my weight most of my life. When I started out here I was about 263, feel free to add me :)
  • debbicox45
    Options
    I'm new here too. I'm turning 50 next year and don't want to have my health deteriorate any further than it already has. I'm also 5'2' , weigh 194 lbs. Obesity has plauged me most of my life. I've dieted for almost 30 years, with successes, but mostly failure to account for it. ready for change before it is too late.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Welcome, beautiful! You will do fantastic! We can do it together!!
  • mcrowder109
    mcrowder109 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you maybe we can lose together.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is the perfect site for you!! There is so much support here....your not alone. If you need someone on your side you can add me : ) Good luck
  • OzoneMama
    OzoneMama Posts: 3
    Options
    Have you ever had your thyroid functioning checked? I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism for years, which made me have a slow metabolism. Once I got on thyroid medication, I was able to finally lose weight. The symptoms are often mistaken for other medical conditions, and it's estimated that many people who struggle with weight loss have it. Be kind to yourself and never give up. You can do this!
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, good luck!! :)
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome! You fill find lots of support on here. :)
  • swagga2trill
    swagga2trill Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me i have had this app a while and really new to the online part of it.
    In feb i weighed 346 and now im down to 292 i have 112 to go and im in need of help as well.
    I have some advice for you if u start dont stop, stopping a workout regiment and diet is the fastest way to get bigger than you are now so if you start keep it going.
    drink lots of water one cup before with and after every meal and then you will be well on your way to weight lost this will allow you to get full off of less and get you on track to eating more meals per day that are the right portion size kick starting your metabolism and stopping your body from storing excess fat. Good luck and dont forget to add me
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! More short people with lots of weight to lose! :D I'm 5'4" and I need to lose at least 100, so I'm right there with ya. Let's do it! :D
  • seetherslave
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all for the wonderful, supportive replies! I look forward to working toward goals alongside all of you! I wish you all luck in your journeys! Thank you, once again - I've only been here for a couple of hours and already I feel so much encouragement and support. This is truly a wonderful community.
  • seetherslave
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You can do this. First, don't put yourself on any kind of restrictive diet - if you have no willpower, that will set you up to fail. Instead, start making small changes to your diet you can live with, always trying to stay around the number of calories MFP suggests. Make every bite a choice. Is a piece of cheese on your burger more important to you than a cookie later, or vice versa? Each is about 100 calories, give or take. Start trying to plan your meals in advance whenever possible. Drink lots of water - remember that thirst can sometimes mimic hunger. Don't compare yourself to anyone else - some people lose fast and some people lose slow and the fact you're on the journey should be the win for you. And, most importantly, if you have a bad eating day, remember that you're only human. Log everything and try again the next day. Remember that we're all in this together!
  • seetherslave
    Options
    Thanks for all the great tips! Water is a huge thing for me - I don't really pay attention to what I drink and sometimes the day has gone by and I haven't even realized that I've only had one or two glasses of water, if that.
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome! I've have problems with my weight as well. I don't even remember when the last time I fit into a single digit pair of pants. LOL I'm a few inches taller 5'7 to be exact but I also have more then 100 pounds to lose. So feel free to add me if you want.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I'm in the works to lose a lot myself. Feel free to friend me for support and of course giving support.
  • seetherslave
    Options
    Thank you both! Same here - I am actually not convinced that I ever did fit into a single-digit pair of pants. I've added you both - glad to continue seeing such wonderful support and encouragement!
  • Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP u can do this u already have a good support system just by all the comment and people encourageing you feel free to add me