More Water

Options
I need to drink a lot more water...any tips on how to get them in?

Replies

• ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try drinking water through a straw. It helps me get a lot of water in. I tend to drink more if I'm drinking through a straw.
  • Smileyawaw
    Smileyawaw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bring your water bottle with you EVERYWHERE! That's the only way I get all my water in! Also, try some crystal light or those Mio water enhancers cause they're low cal and you can add as much or as little as you like!
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you are a busy person maybe take smaller amounts of water in more frequently throughout the day. Or try drinking before each meal. Even if it doesn't help you feel fuller you are still getting more water in.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I keep my water bottle with me at all times. I either use my 4 cup or 6 cup bottle. If I don't have it with me, I find that I just don't drink enough... so I grab it as soon as I get up. I make myself drink a minimum of 2 cups before I have breakfast. I like 4, but I make myself have at least 2. And I personally prefer room temp water as very cold water hurts my sensitive teeth, so if I have ice water, I definitely need a straw, myself.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    My co-worker is preparing for an alien invasion (think Signs) by having about 20 glasses of water placed all over her kitchen, dining room, living room, etc. That failing you could always do what I do....carry a water bottle with you everywhere and every couple of minutes...drink. I get about 6-8 of my 24oz bottles of water a day.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options
    I fill up 1000 ml water bottle and have it with me all day, I drink it all and fill it up again, there's my 8 cups. Most days I fill it up 3 times and get 12 cups. :D
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a 58oz water bottle I carry everywhere with me...my kids call it my sippie cup!!
  • empeyl
    empeyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I find what gets boring sometimes so i put a little crystal light in my water, adds a little flavour but I seem to be drinking ALOT more then i used to
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    Also look on Pinterest. There are a lot of good ideas on there as well. Like have a great big bottle and mark every quarter to have it drank by a certain time of day. I keep mine with me and drink like a fish so I drink close to a gallon a day which is recommended.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I carry a water bottle around with me, plus I find I drink more water when its straight out of the tap temperature or room temperature instead of ice cold.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Try drinking water through a straw. It helps me get a lot of water in. I tend to drink more if I'm drinking through a straw.

This, so definitely true with me. I've also started to put lemon slices in my water. Definitely helps me get past the odd taste the water here at work has.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bring your water bottle with you EVERYWHERE! That's the only way I get all my water in! Also, try some crystal light or those Mio water enhancers cause they're low cal and you can add as much or as little as you like!

^^ Agreed! I went to Walmart and bought a 32 oz water bottle. I fill it with ice water, add a splash of MIO or Crystal Light and carry it with me everywhere.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I have liter bottles all over the house and I keep them filled. Next to the computer, the bed, the living room couch, the bathroom, the phone, desk at work, the car...seriously, they are everywhere. But it really helps. I'll see the bottle whenever I'm just sitting there (at a red light, when the computer is booting up, when my mom calls on the phone) and it just reminds me to chug, chug, chug.
    Cheers!:drinker:
  • TrishaGuy
    TrishaGuy Posts: 63
    Options
    I have a 4 cup water bottle with a straw. It is BRIGHT green and like an elephant in the room so everytime I look at it I am reminded:drinker: "DRINK WATER" I do room temp just because I like that better and sometimes I will add a Energy Rush packet for flavor. I get atleast 8 but shoot for 12 and I must say I can see a huge difference in my skin...it just looks healthier so that is a plus. I don't know if you have read alot about the positives of staying hydrated but that had a huge impact on me making it a mission....now it is just second nature :):drinker:
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Bring a water bottle with you everywhere :)

I love water so that's so easy for me...but bringing a water bottle with you everywhere reminds you to keep yourself hydrated
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Switch it up with juice, coffee, or tea on occasion, if the water part is boring. Or add Crystal Light or Mio to water. If it's a matter of remembering, carry something with you, or set reminders for yourself.
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    I drink about 9-10 cups of water a day, I use mio on the last couple cause I usually am bored with it by then! However you don't need to drink that much water, seriously! Because its in your food, and other beverages you may have throughout the day.

And the mio doesn't have any calories, and they also have caffeinated ones too if you need a little boost, but i think they are too strong for me.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

That article says a women needs about 9 and a man needs around 13. I personally feel extremely full drinking more than 9-10 cups a day.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    The average water bottle is 16.9 FL OZ which is a little more than 2 cups of water. Set 4 bottles out for yourself every day.

Drink 1/2 a bottle in the morning with your breakfast.

If you work an 8 hr day, bring 2 bottles with you and drink a 1/2 a bottle every couple of hours while you're at work.

When you go home, drink 1/2 a bottle with dinner, drink 1/2 a bottle after (w/ a snack if you choose) and then the last 1/2 right before you go to bed.

Hope this helps!