ladies?? whose done p90x?

Options
taxidermist15
taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
Hey there having a bit of a downer day today, I just started recovery week of a p90x/insanity hybrid and after taking weight, measurements and pictures... i see nothing.............

Im using the bands so i don't know if this really makes a difference or what, but i am sticking to the very tough nutrition plan too. and.. well.. it stinks lol

So what I was curious to know was if you did this programme eating at a deficiet or a bulk? Cause you can build strength on a deficiet but not muscle, so im curious to know if it would be a better programme to do eating at a gain rather than a deifciet, Rather than spending 4 days a week strength training just to save a little LBM. This is the part that confuses me. I know it shigh protein and its good for muscles ect but if your not gaining muscle whats the real point fo a strength training programme? IM nto against it, cause ive seen pic of some amazing girls out there.

Just getting a bit disheartened. Im looking for someone who has REAL results, eating on a deficiet, not some airbrushed person from the beachbody website... please help..

Replies

• Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, Some weeks are good and some are not so good. I actually fell off the wagon for a week but I'm now focused again. I always did cardio and not much strength training, now it's the opposite, my weight loss is slow but I'm keeping it off and feeling great. Apparently, weight training burns calories for longer and as far as your calorie intake goes maybe you should speak to a professional and see if you are actually eating enough. Have a great day and good luck.
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 7 and I've gotten amazing results without even following the nutrition plan.

I eat at a deficit from my TDEE and have definitely gained muscle while losing weight. The first few weeks I actually gained, though. My body was in shock from being lazy it's entire life, I think.

My weight loss didn't step up until Phase 2. I lost a lot of inches before that, though.

Keep at it, girl. It's worth it!
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I"m in my fifth week, not a great different in weight but i start to see some definition, i'm not following the meal plan either, @ the end of this i'm going to do insanity, or maybe a hybrid between p 90x and insanity.
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did P90X, and to be honest, my weight was only five pounds less when I finished. But my body was definitely more toned. I posted before and after pics on this board. You can check them out. Now, my pics are after two and a half rounds of P90X and a 1/2 marathon. It was my one year results. I do not know anyone (personally) that looks like the people in the P90X commercials after one round of P90X. It is still a great program!
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    <======This girl has finished it!!! No airbrushing required :happy:
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    day1day30.jpg

This was my 30 day comparison. I was more than pleased.
  • amnski
    Options
    I forgot to add that the nutrition plan should be a basic guideline for you. I follow the plan, but not the exact foods. I also strongly recommend actually EATING...1800 is the recommended for most women. I also recommend investing in weights, but I love the feel of them in my hands. Good luck and I say stick to it...BTW, most women do not see the same results as men in 90 days and actually need 120 days. That is straight info from Mr. Horton himself :)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that the nutrition plan should be a basic guideline for you. I follow the plan, but not the exact foods. I also strongly recommend actually EATING...1800 is the recommended for most women. I also recommend investing in weights, but I love the feel of them in my hands. Good luck and I say stick to it...BTW, most women do not see the same results as men in 90 days and actually need 120 days. That is straight info from Mr. Horton himself :)
    so women should do phrase 1 twice or phrase 3 twice?
  • amnski
    Options
    I recommend doing the whole program twice...but, if anything do phase 3 twice if you don't want to do a full 180 days or have another program lined up for after. JMO :smile:

**Forgot to mention, phase 3 is just a combination of phase 1 and 2, hence why I think it would be better to pick that phase if you just want to extend the program out 30 days.
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about this I'm going to be starting p90x and was wondering about results, nutrition plan etc.
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs doing P90X
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I recommend doing the whole program twice...but, if anything do phase 3 twice if you don't want to do a full 180 days or have another program lined up for after. JMO :smile:

**Forgot to mention, phase 3 is just a combination of phase 1 and 2, hence why I think it would be better to pick that phase if you just want to extend the program out 30 days.

Good Idea i'm going to try it as soon as i finished the first round
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    27lbs fevus good job!

was curious to know on the women who are at or near thier goal weight. I wasnt sure weather to use p90x us a "bulk" stage eating at surplus, gaining mmuscle, then doing insanity in a "cut" phase... does anyone know if that would work or if doing p90x at a dificiet would be just as good?
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Here is a post I did about a month ago. After 2 rounds.

I did the classic version on both occasions, used dumb bells and a pull up bar. I ate on average 1600 - 1700 calories and made sure I was always at least at my BMR

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/581944-winning-this-battle
  • weezykid
    weezykid Posts: 50
    Options
    quick question as i want to start this tomorrow

What size weights did you use. the max size I have at home is 4.3kgs should i get some heavier ones?
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Mine ranged from 5 - 10 pounds (just cut that is 1/2 to get an approximate # for kilos)
  • indyang77
    indyang77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my Day 1 of recover week tomorrow. I have only lost about 2 lbs, but after week 2 I had lost a total of 6.5 inches and haven't measured since. My calves are defined already and my arms are really toning up. I'm using 5 lb dumb bells and ready to buy some bigger ones for Phase 2. I hoped for more weight loss but the measurements and definition keep me going. I am having a hard time eating 1500 or 1600 net calories, I usually end up around 1200 or so and that is also holding back my weight loss. Hang in there, it will pay off, for sure, it's a great program.
  • kalazaun
    kalazaun Posts: 3
    Options
    I did P90X, and to be honest, my weight was only five pounds less when I finished. But my body was definitely more toned. I posted before and after pics on this board. You can check them out. Now, my pics are after two and a half rounds of P90X and a 1/2 marathon. It was my one year results. I do not know anyone (personally) that looks like the people in the P90X commercials after one round of P90X. It is still a great program!

This is very true! I did P90X and actually gained weight but the before and after pics are telling. When I first started I weighed 145 after I was around 148-150, but I was so much better looking at 150. I did one round 3 summers ago and am currently in the middle of another one now. I use to be only cardio, but I added weights to my workout. I believe someone said it earlier and it's true that the effects of working out with weights outlast the cario (as far as longer calorie burn). I personally love the program!
  • Dimpszz
    Dimpszz Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of p90x. I'm not following the meal plan but I make sure I eat right. I've only lost 4 lbs but my stomach has gone done by 2.5 inches and my body is looking a lot more tone..which is why I would say to be careful not to get too concerned with what the scale reads while doing this program. At first I was discouraged by having such a small weight loss but when I look at my comparison pics and take my measurements, I know its working.
  • lesdym
    lesdym Posts: 4
    Options
    I started P90X lean today, but I want to know if any girls out there are actually eating the whey protein. I have a hard time reaching the 1800 calorie count otherwise and I can't get the P90X recommended supplements here in Mexico, so I have to do with GNC. I was thinking about Wheybolic extreme, but taking only one scoop per shake and some Isopure Mass for after workouts. What do you guys recommend?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!