30 Down by September!

Options
I'm going to Florida in September and I want to get off that chunk of chub I have been holding onto for the past year lol. My goal is 30lbs down by September, may be a crazy goal but if I even get half way there I will be thrilled. If anyone with similar goals wants to join and support that would be awesome!

My motivations:

Fit into my old clothes (or smaller)
Become healthy and not just "skinny fat"
Look great in my bikini (who doesn't want that!)
Be able to gain endurance so I can play tennis and do water sports with my bf.

Height: 5' 9"
Starting weight: 154
Goal weight: 124

Replies

• Bones093070
    Options
    Sounds awesome. I'm in a similar situation although sept 30 is my 42 bday. So, yep just want to be feeling and looking healthy by then. Okay, even halfway sounds good to me. I've just recently joined here AGAIN...today, add me as a friend and support our way to September! :)
  • Lewre78
    Lewre78 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm going to Hawaii in August/September. Our goals are similiar! I want to lose 20 pounds by then.

My motivations:

"have" to buy new clothes because all mine get to big
    Become healthy and not just "skinny fat"; I've been skinny fat before, so healthy and strong will be a new thing.
    Look amazing in my bikini - I want to have the desire to actually shop for one. lol.
    I want to look good because I look good, not "you look great for having three kids" lol.

SW 153
    CW 145
    GW 125-130 (kinda a loose goal, as I lose I may readjust that weight depending on measurements, etc.)

Oh, I'm 5'3". :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Florida in September and I want to get off that chunk of chub I have been holding onto for the past year lol. My goal is 30lbs down by September, may be a crazy goal but if I even get half way there I will be thrilled. If anyone with similar goals wants to join and support that would be awesome!

My motivations:

Fit into my old clothes (or smaller)
    Become healthy and not just "skinny fat"
    Look great in my bikini (who doesn't want that!)
    Be able to gain endurance so I can play tennis and do water sports with my bf.

Height: 5' 9"
    Starting weight: 154
    Goal weight: 124

It's already June and you seem to be at a fairly low weight. If you count to the beginning of September you have approximately 11 weeks? I think 15 lbs might be a more reasonable goal. That said. Lift heavy and eat well and you can have a solid transformation in that time but I wouldn't focus too much on the scale.
  • allisondra23
    Options
    I will readjust depending on how things end up, I have a small frame and I've never really had muscle (or worked out) before so that will definitely make a difference with my end weight. I'm just excited and motivated to lose the chub. What workouts are you guys currently doing or starting and do you like them? I started doing wii personal trainer: more workouts this week and its kicking my butt, I do 20-30 minutes of that (its mostly running and jumping rope) and then pilates on my reformer. I get bored soooo easily though so I hope I can stick with it!! If you guys have any workouts that you love I definitely want to know about them!
  • Lewre78
    Lewre78 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just finished level one of 30 day shred. I have not gotten bored with it yet. :) The scale hasn't moved much, but my clothes are fitting a bit better already. So, I'm happy and will continue with the workouts.
  • allisondra23
    Options
    week 1 down, 2 lbs down, pretty excited!

SW: 154
    CW: 152
    GW: 124