what to do

Options
2»

Replies

• dhoody
    dhoody Posts: 49
    Options
    Try a late bath it relaxes me...I always have trouble sleeping...I agree if you are hungry you are not getting enough calories...so just adjust it some
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The first week I felt REALLY hungry and wanted to snack all the time! If you feel the need to snack only at night and can't seem to go to sleep then maybe try brushing your teeth so you won't want to eat and then drink a glass of water so you know your stomach isn't empty. My dad, when he couldn't sleep at night, would do pushups! If you can't fall alseep, try doing something that will make you tired and help you take your mind off of it! Sometimes I like to read a book or do word searches on my phone while I'm laying in the bed! It helps my mind wind down and helps me feel tired faster! :)
  • Chitownempress
    Options
    When I first started my journey and even now, when i get an urge to snack at night, i eat a tablespoon of peanut butter. Sounds crazy, but it works.
  • Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    as for the sleeping i am off my routine i use to get up at 3:30 am to go to work but i have been layed off for 6 months and i dont get to sleep until 1-2 am and get back up with my 9 1/2 month old son when he gets up at 6-7
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ah, you just gotta get your brain and your hands busy.
    I play some xbox because it engages you. You can't just sit down and watch TV with idle hands.

If it's particularly bad I just pick up my guitar and play out some tunes. Try to write up some lyrics. I try not to do this too late when everyone's asleep but I also get my electric guitar out and plug headphones in the amp to reduce noise. Just gotta keep yourself busy!
  • Firewife18
    Options
    I was just so use to get up at 3:30 am to go to work but i have been layed off for 6 months and i dont get to sleep until 1-2 am and get back up with my 9 1/2 month old son when he gets up at 6-7 thats why i cant sleep
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    when i want to snack late at night, I pop in a white strip to whiten my teeth! You cant eat while its in! then i start doing a puzzle or something that engages my hands and mind, so it takes my mind off of food. We have to break the habit of eating as part of our nightly routines... i know. i am a chronic over-eater. But I have lost 25# since March 28th. So keep trying!

23329547.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Firewife18
    Options
    i can keep my self busy to were i dont want to eat but when i get depressed i want to eat i use to have a friend i could call or text when i got depressed but he passed away a few years ago.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    i have tried a glass of whater that helped a lil bit but i still want to snack it feels like i havent eatten enough today but i did

Have you eaten enough today? Usually when people post that they are still hungry at the end of the day it is because they haven't eaten enough!

If you have, then try a little something like a few crackers or 4 -6 almonds. They don't add many calories, but I find that they just settle my stomach if I'm still feeling hungry at the end of the day, even though I've eaten enough.

The other thing to think about is whether you need to change the kind of foods you are eating. Lots of people say that protein keeps them full for longest, for me that doesn't work so well, I need some carbs with my protein and then I'm satisfied for ages. Experiment to see what makes you feel good.
  • Firewife18
    Options
    thanx i will do that i have been told before that stress and depression can add to why people want to eat so much i am trying to eliminate some of my stress now its just my depression cuz i have been laid off for 6 months i have 2 small children and at the present time my fiance isnt able to help lift some of the stress and things like that
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing but I have found that if I read a chapter in a good book, I can go to sleep.
  • Firewife18
    Options
    i will try some of these suggestions hopefuly one helps me
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I raised my calorie limit so this doesn't happen anymore.