Deluxe Turkey Burgers - 82cal/burger

Options
bulbadoof
bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
So I was messing around in my kitchen today, looking for something filling, nutritious, and hopefully calorie-dense to make up for forgetting to eat most of the day. When I entered it into MFP, I realized I'd come up a bit short on the calorie-dense part. Whoops, guess I have to find something else!

1 lb extra lean ground turkey (I used 99% fat free)
3 strips of bacon
1/3 cup Kraft Mozza-Cheddar Light cheese
1/4 sweet onion
1 jalapeno pepper
3 cloves of fresh garlic
Spices to taste (I used paprika, chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes, Frank's Red Hot, and just a tiny pinch of cinnamon)

Just chop everything up and throw it in a bowl and mix it up good! Cook the bacon however you like, but stop just before it gets crispy, rip it up into tiny pieces, and throw it into the bowl with the rest of the stuff. Saute the onion if you don't care for the taste of onion, but don't leave it out - it does wonderful things for burgers. Make sure you cook the burgers at low heat; I didn't have any trouble with them falling apart, but they definitely had cracks in them, so I'm sure it's possible.

I had one on 1/6 of a whole wheat pita with raw kale, ketchup, and mustard, and one bare, ending up quite satisfied for only 202 calories. (I liked the bare one better, lol.)

I made 11 small, but satisfying burgers with this recipe - if you like your burgers a little bigger, the recipe total is 901 calories - you can divide that by whatever you came up with to know how many calories are in each.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Replies