HELP!!!!

Options
I need ur help!! ive recently got into drinking decaf green tea and have it with 250mls of hot water only, now should i log this as my water intake?? as i have at least 8-10cups a day and the tea has no calories!!! pls help or im gonna be peeing for britain!! lol

Replies

• goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i log my green tea as water intake............tbh, any herbal tea's with no caffine that i dont add milk or sugar to i count as water intake.

not sure about others but thats what i do

good lukc :)
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Decaf, no calories. I say count it as water. The only difference is that your "water" now has antioxidants and flavinoids in it.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Green tea has caffeine
    Length of brewing time also affects caffeine content - the longer the brew - the higher the caffeine.

One study compared the content of dry matter from tea leaves and found Green Tea had 10-20mg per 1 gram dried matter. Black Tea had 22-28mg per 1 gram dried matter.

So as a general rule, Green Tea has less caffeine than Black Tea.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you are drinking that much, you don't need another 8 cups of water on top of it. As long as you are getting hydrated, it doesn't really matter what you are drinking (or eating - fruit, soup and other foods can add ot your water intake too).

But - I'm a believer in moderation in just about everything, and I think that with some things you CAN have too much of a good thing - have you checked to see if there are any possible problems with drinking 10 cups of tea a day?
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you are drinking that much, you don't need another 8 cups of water on top of it. As long as you are getting hydrated, it doesn't really matter what you are drinking (or eating - fruit, soup and other foods can add ot your water intake too).

But - I'm a believer in moderation in just about everything, and I think that with some things you CAN have too much of a good thing - have you checked to see if there are any possible problems with drinking 10 cups of tea a day?

Thats is maybe something to think about and a very good point, so maybe i shall cut my intake of tea down to 4 and have the remaining 4 in water alone!!

Thanx :flowerforyou:
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    i log my green tea as water intake............tbh, any herbal tea's with no caffine that i dont add milk or sugar to i count as water intake.

not sure about others but thats what i do

good lukc :)

Thats what i thought its only a decaf tea bag with water!! lol

thanx :flowerforyou:
  • booitsk8
    booitsk8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hiya, i count it as water...i look at it the same as sugar free cordial.

p.s. im in preston too :)
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    hiya, i count it as water...i look at it the same as sugar free cordial.

p.s. im in preston too :)

thanx hun!!

Ha ha i dont live in preston, its my bubbas name!! lol x
  • booitsk8
    booitsk8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oh haha, yes...just worked that out...DOH!!