Graze - what d'you think?

Options
Apologies if this has been posted before but it's my first day so i wouldnt have seen it. What do you think of Graze boxes? I've seen them advertised in many health magazines and decided to give it a go. my first box arrives on Thursday. :drinker:

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    They can be great,I've been getting them for a while now, and its great that you can choose what you like :)
  • 2013Alli
    2013Alli Posts: 30
    Options
    What are they like for calories Amy? I'm hearing mixed reviews
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you picj the sort of Graze box you want.

They are pretty expensive per weight of what you get. Pay for the convenience.

www.graze.com/products
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You could easily make them yourself too with items from the grocery store. Nuts, dried fruits, seeds, crackers etc. Then you could put in exactly what you want, and know exactly how many calories are in, because you control how much of what goes in. And it would be way way cheaper!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mine :-) you can prioritise the healthier ones and opt never to receive some if you want.

Bounty Hunter is probably my favourite.
  • 2013Alli
    Options
    I might try that. I'll give them a go first as I'm getting the first one free then 2 half price, then see what I think. I am a bit of a nibbler, so the concept is quite good for me
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    Honestly. I cancelled after three weeks. They billed me when I told them I was on holiday. Seriously save yourself some money long term - go to the heath food store, pick out things you like bag them up into little portions et voila.
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    Oh, and sometimes there were more cals in it than a meal...
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I had Graze boxes for a while, and the ones I got had the calorie counts on them. You can also choose to have the lower calorie boxes (but in my opinion, the higher calorie ones are nicer).

They are expensive, but more convenient than making them yourself and I liked the surprise when they arrived.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    These are only available in the UK, correct? I don't seem to find a US listing.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    These are only available in the UK, correct? I don't seem to find a US listing.

Right I was so ready to order. LOL. But it did give me great ideas. I have a bulk store near my job. So I'll pick up some ingredients and make my own snack bags.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'll do the same!! Great idea! Especially for weekends when I am out and about, running errands.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Below 250 cals per pot, usually around 100-150 depending on choices. :) There are some really delicious things
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    They're great but a bit expensive. I had a free box then continued getting them for a few weeks then cancelled. A month later, there was a strange charge on my card and when I looked they had reactivated my boxes without telling me. Pretty shady if you ask me.

The food is delicious though.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You could easily make them yourself too with items from the grocery store. Nuts, dried fruits, seeds, crackers etc. Then you could put in exactly what you want, and know exactly how many calories are in, because you control how much of what goes in. And it would be way way cheaper!

I agree. Got my first one as a free trial and decided not to continue as I thought they were too expensive
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I love them!
    It's cheap, convenient, and (in my opinion) very reasonably priced considering the variety of things you get, in sensible sized portions, that would cost a fortune if you went out to buy them all separately. But maybe that's just me :)

A fair few of the boxes have less than 100 calories in as far as I can remember, and they're some of the tastiest too.
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    Just nibbling on my first one! It is delicious. If you recommend a friend you get £1 off your next box.

I'll not be able to afford it long term though, but was curious. :laugh:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I love them!
    It's cheap, convenient, and (in my opinion) very reasonably priced considering the variety of things you get, in sensible sized portions, that would cost a fortune if you went out to buy them all separately. But maybe that's just me :)

That's very true. I think of them as expensive, but when I tried to make my own it cost quite a bit for the ingredients. And then if you're calorie counting, you need to weigh all the little spoonfuls of dried fruit, etc. The boxes come with a booklet with the calorie count and nutritional information.
  • 2013Alli
    Options
    well my first one didn't arrive yesterday as expected, so hopefully it will today. They did send me an email telling me what was going to be in it and it amounts to 365 calories. In the meantime, I have also been to Holland and Barrett and bought a selection of similar items as I think the concept is good, especially if you are a nibbler! H&B have really good offers on at the moment so I got quite a bagfull for £11 :smile:
  • LindsayHowlett
    Options
    I love them, I used to have them delivered to the office one or two days a week. They would usually either substitute a meal for me or last two or three days just for snacks.
    They are expensive and now, as a stay at home mum, I wouldn't consider them because I can do the same myself much cheaper, but if the cost isn't an issue then the convenience, quality and great selection is totally worthwhile. They are quite high in cals but they are all good calories, no empty calories, lots of protein and good fats in them!!! My absolute favourite was dark choc and dried cherries - YUM!!!!
    Enjoy your first box x