Drunk munching

Options
I really need to lay off the liquor, or find a way around drunken munchies. Last night I ate a WHOLE pint of ben and jerries half baked ice cream by myself (1100 calories out the door). I don't really regret it since I do remember it :) The night before was a doughnut from dunkin donuts... I forgot what the night before that was..

Any tips on how to suppress drunk binges, without not drinking? That is my last resort lol

Replies

• surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1) Admit you have a problem.
    2) Ask friends for prayer and accountability.
    3) Find new/different friends that won't let you abuse yourself.
    4) Move if you have to.

Seriously, take inventory of your life. You have to choose to not destroy yourself. Alcohol is not worth it. Blessings!
  • punkinpiez71
    punkinpiez71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been in your shoes before. I used to go out nightly and drink until the sun comes up. Now I know you don't want to hear the don't drink so i'm not going to tell ya that, plus I can't say much because I still drink occasionally. I would either say don't drink as much when you do drink, or when you get to the point of the night when you are starving and you don't know what to eat, or you want to eat everything in your fridge, either go find something else to do, like just go and pass out, or at least eat something better than ice cream and doughnuts. What I would say the best thing that helped me was moderation, instead of sitting there with the WHOLE thing of icecream, get a bowl, preferably a smaller bowl and just eat that, that way you make yourself seem as though you've finished what you wanted. Hope this helps even though I felt like I repeated myself, but feel free to add me if ya want~

<3
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I used to drink every night. I only drink 1 or 2 nights a week now and don't miss it much. I switched to better "diet" drinks. Bud 55 or wine or vodka and diet tonic. I also put less vodka in the glass. And I log everything. If I am planning a night to drink, I workout that day to give myself a few extra calories.

I don't really have food problems when drunk, its the hangover that makes me want to eat everything. I haven't found a cure for that one yet.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You get drunk every night?
  • susanne181818
    Options
    OMG, I read this post and just had to laugh! This is why I'm trying not to drink during the week. I will go all day without eating, just to have 7 bud lights (which are a total of 770 calories). Not bad, right? Then at 10pm at night, I'll crave salt and eat a whole pack of ramen noodles, then I want something sweet so I'll make a tortilla and butter. Then cereal sounds good....then before you know it, I've just taken in over 2,000 calories for the day! I'm a beer drinker, but am starting to look into other options. Someone just posted a 77 calorie Margarita today. Check out the Recipe section of the forum....it looks good! Good luck :)

At Woodsy - There's a pill called "Chasers". They sell em at Walgreens and CVS. You take them before you start drinking and don't wake up with a hangover. I swear by them suckers! They're packed with vitamins.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My fatloss stalls totally when I drink. That's motivation enough for me. I'm also a mental midget after a few beers when it comes to food.....can't say no to nacho chips, wings, stopping for breakfast after closing down the bar, etc.
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy meal that goes good with beer? So that when you're drinking a few beers after you dont get hungry? Idk...LOL
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking so often. I stopped drinking during the week and I'll have a beer or so on the weekends. Once every few months I'll let loose and that's when I usually go get a big fat juicy burger too. lol
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I don't think there is really a tip to help you not binge eat when drunk, I am VERY guilty of that, it is one of my biggest problems.
    1.Limit the liqour intake if possible (once I drink I usually just keep going -__- ) which is why I try to stay away from drinking
    2.Hide the bad food before you go out (if your at home) your drunkenness will make you forget where you hid it lol
    3. Have healthy snacks in your purse ( If your out )
    4. Have someone you can count on to keep the bad food away from you, prevent it

It's pretty hard when drinking though because the last thing a drunk person cares about is if something is ''fattening'' but that is all I can think of.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    hmmm you sure this is drunk munching?

When I am drinking I don't crave anything sweet, only kebabs and pizza, cheesey greasey goodness.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I don't want to drink.

Went out to dinner with my mom tonight. Got shrimp, lobster in fried rice (rice not allowed right now).

A sweet alcoholic drink.

It hit me hard cause I usually don't drink.

Decided to eat 3 hersheys bars and a couple cookies.

Yeah.... I'm not one of those people who can drink really. And the drink itself is empty calories. Not worth it to me. So I guess I don't have any good ideas if you definitely want to drink.
  • nattielove
    nattielove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I never used to be that bad.. But while I've been on exchange it's been ridiculous! I come home and eat mine and my housemates food and everything in sight. I don't care about the calories from the alcohol, I expect that. The food is soooo unnecessary! Either way I'm going to wake up feeling terrible. I think I'm going to brainstorm tasty drunk snacks that aren't too unhealthy and stock up because I don't think this is something I can moderate hahah.
  • nattielove
    nattielove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AND THEN I never know what to record in the food diary. the day before or the day after?? plus can never remember how much I ate !!!
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    every time im dunk i go to the burger place :(

and i rarely ever put it in my diary....thats my NAUGHTY secret. we all d it. You will live :( although you feel bad.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a way round it unfortunately - even if the alcohol itself is within your calorie limits, it's a resolve wrecker! If I'm serious about wanting to lose weight I have to just not drink, it's as simple as that really. But I do sympathise with your struggle. I lapse every time I have drinking guests coming to dinner or staying for a weekend, I just don't seem to be able to abstain then and get very frustrated with myself!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that too XD

I did the struggle as well, and went through the regret of entering everything into my food diary the next day. UGH. That's what did it for me really, I got tired of staring at the wasted work that one or two nights of drinking could do, between the alcohol and the resulting overindulging. I could literally ruin an entire week of calorie watching because I''d have 4 shots and then scarf pizza and chips and all kinds of stuff like I'd never eaten it in my life. And when sober, the leftovers didn't even taste good. Yuck.

Not to mention, I always feel kinda crappy health-wise the next day. So I'd often lose a day of exercise ON TOP of all the effects of the drinking and eating itself. One night of drinking would sometimes turn into a 3-day ordeal of health-sabotage and it just wasn't worth it.

I got to the point now that I rarely drink anymore, it didn't happen overnight, but it didn't take long either. When I do drink, which has only happened twice in the last 6 months so far, I limit myself to two drinks/shots. The end.
    Enough to be feeling good, but not enough to lose my head, so to speak. Then I usually eat something reasonable, a sandwich that I make myself(tuna fish, meat and cheese, etc) or a measured amount of pasta, something simple. I don't let myself order out for pizza or chinese, and I obviously don't drive to the store when intoxicated, so that helps in limiting options for bad foods and overeating.

Best thing to do is limit the drinking as much as you can, since it's the root of the problem in the long run. If you do indulge occasionally, just be smart about it, don't drink enough to lose your judgement and risk ruining your work and your goals. And NEVER drink and drive. Just Sayin. :)
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    I really need to lay off the liquor, or find a way around drunken munchies. Last night I ate a WHOLE pint of ben and jerries half baked ice cream by myself (1100 calories out the door). I don't really regret it since I do remember it :) The night before was a doughnut from dunkin donuts... I forgot what the night before that was..

Any tips on how to suppress drunk binges, without not drinking? That is my last resort lol

I get absolutely wasted at least 2 days a week. A third day, I have about 3-4 drinks. Look at me, It's worked out ok for me. THE KEY IS PLANNING YOUR MEALS AHEAD. When I know I'm going to be drinking later, I put together some healthy eats, because the last thing you want to do when your trashed is cook. So when I'm drunk, and I head to that kitchen, I don't grab the ice cream or chips. I grab the turkey sandwiches I prepared earlier, or the tuna salad I left waiting for me. Don't let people tell you it's a drinking problem. We're young, let's get wasted! Just don't sacrifice your body for it. I haven't, because just like everything else in life, it's best if you're prepared ahead of time. So remember, plan and prepare your meals ahead of time. You'll notice you go for that instead of the unhealthy stuff.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Well, not drinking too much would be the easiest way to avoid drunken munching. Other than that, you could just remove any junk food from your kitchen. Honestly, you might find that even that doesn't work since you might go ahead and order food out when drunk. I don't think anyone on here can tell you how to magically gain willpower when drunk.