Need Advice

Options
The past two days I have been working my legs, form my routine as well as work. Now my legs are destroyed and I'm walking like an old woman. -_-

Anyone got tips for me to help my sore muscles? Other than pain meds, because I don't want to be taking them unless I must.

Replies

• valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    mine too where like that this morning, so i did some stretches like you do for when exercising and a small warm up etc. and i'm fine now. so i'd say stretches and a little exercise of some kind and water.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wait until you have to sit on the toilet! Talk about feeling like an old woman. I notice as I get older, the soreness gets much more painful and I have finally given in and I just take some Ibuprofen. It gets better as the day goes on, so if you can get yourself warmed up and stretch a bit that helps too.

On the plus side...GOOD JOB!!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Stretch pre and post work out.

Cold shower/bath/ swim after your work out.(A bath with ice in it really works, put its a bit of a killer really)

Rehydrate asap.

Eat as soon as possible post work out. (within 30mintues)
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    hot bath, epsom salt. they sell it at my local grocery and wal-mart.

Medical use:
    Magnesium sulfate is a common pharmaceutical preparation of magnesium, commonly known as Epsom salts, used both externally and internally. Epsom salts are used as bath salts; a 2004 study showed that both magnesium and sulfate are absorbed through the skin when bathing in 1% w/v solution.[6] The sulfate is supplied in a gel preparation for topical application in treating aches and pains.
  • jadimasi79
    jadimasi79 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ice bath
    drink plenty of water
    make sure to keep using the muscles so the stiffness gets worked out!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Definitely for any workout routine, you need to be extra diligent in proper stretching for both warm-ups and cool-downs. Keeping hydrated during your workouts also is key with muscle recovery.

I will do my leg-stretches prior to starting my 15 minute treadmill/elliptical workout. This serves also as my warm up to working the weights/machines. Once my floor work is done, I go back to the treadmill/ellipitcal, do my stretches and do a recovery on it for another 15 minutes...

If the pain is truly something you just cant handle, try to get some stretching done periodically and pair it up with a nice moderately hot shower (up to a level you can handle).. I find the hot water in conjunction with stretching also helps to relieve a great deal more muscular pain.

Keep hydrated also... cant emphasize that enough...

BTW - you obviously kicked your *kitten*, so nice job!!!
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone!

Yeah I didn't think about stretching after I came home from work last night, but I probably should have. :tongue:

You guys all rock! I'm sure one or all of these will help me. :flowerforyou:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone!

Yeah I didn't think about stretching after I came home from work last night, but I probably should have. :tongue:

You guys all rock! I'm sure one or all of these will help me. :flowerforyou:

Probably, no, yuo definity should of. If you are sore now, go for a walk to get the lactic acid moving, water and maybe an epson salt bath. No point icing now
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was super sore last night after my run/walk. And once I came in the door and sat down for a minute, OMG, I could hardly walk!

Cool bath and stretching while in that bath helped a lot. I got up this morning pain free.
  • carmelamturner
    Options
    Before Running any kind of sport or before starting your routine exercise, you need to warm up your body. Our body muscles need to be flexible and our body should be ready for various moves or poses practiced at a yoga retreat. This is important because, without warming up your body, if you directly, start practicing some poses or moves, you will not be able to practice it with perfection. Not only this but you will also hurt yourself and injure your body muscles or tissues if not warmed up completely. Before gym exercises, you warm up your body, similarly before yoga asanas as well, you need to warm up your body.