low blood pressure rapid heart rate?!? ADVICE NEEDED

Options
I have normal to low blood pressure (120/70 to 90/60) but I have a very rapid pulse (80-110) all the time. Every doctor has brushed me off about this. Any suggestions as to why or any advice? I'm afraid down the road this could cause probems with my health!

Replies

• stringbeann
    Options
    I have this too it's quite normal in young girls :)
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Low fluid volume can cause a rapid pulse rate. Are you drinking enough water?
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I'm in this category too. My heart rate is a bit slower than that though. The only comment I've ever gotten is how frustrating it is for the doctor to have to take my blood pressure 3x to make sure it wasn't an error :P
  • HungerGame82
    HungerGame82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do drink a lot of water.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I too have normal to low bp, and heart rate normally around 80 to 100. Just saw my Dr. In May and she says it's okay. It will probably go down ( the heart rate) by losing weight and exercising. I think I'm much older than you too, 53.
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    I have low to normal BP and a rapid pulse as well and my doc likes it. He says "I wish all my patients were this healthy." I'm 45 and have been this way all my life. I also drink tons of water and when it's hot here I add gatorade type drinks. Its frusterating for sure.

I hope you get the answers you are seeking :)
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was like this but my pulse has dropped from exercise. Low to normal bp is usually a good thing. I am 35.
  • HungerGame82
    Options
    I too have normal to low bp, and heart rate normally around 80 to 100. Just saw my Dr. In May and she says it's okay. It will probably go down ( the heart rate) by losing weight and exercising. I think I'm much older than you too, 53.

I am at my normal weight (I just don't like it, haha) and I have been exercising since I was a teenager (I'm 29). I've had this problem for a long time. I worry about it because it seems like it would be putting stress on my heart. I have no cardiac issues or anything that I know of.
  • HungerGame82
    Options
    I have low to normal BP and a rapid pulse as well and my doc likes it. He says "I wish all my patients were this healthy." I'm 45 and have been this way all my life. I also drink tons of water and when it's hot here I add gatorade type drinks. Its frusterating for sure.

I hope you get the answers you are seeking :)
    Well that's awesome! Maybe I shouldn't worry so much :)
  • pgalvez
    pgalvez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're heart rate sounds fine, normal is 60 to 100 bpm. You're blood pressure is also with in range. Normal is 90-120/60-80. Usually physicians don't worry about your heart rate being at 110 unless you have symptoms. Your blood pressure is fine too its just on the lower end, and again as long as you don't have symptoms its not a big deal. It's when you start feeling symptoms like lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting or palpitations that they worry.

Your heart rate might have just been up though just because of being at the doctors or maybe from stress. I know when I was going through a particularly stressful college semester I would take my pulse at REST and it would be in the 100s to 120, I didn't have any symptoms. After wards it went down into the 80s and now that I'm exercising and losing weight its in the 60s and 70s.

Honestly everybody's body is different, and if your body feels fine, I wouldn't worry.
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    You're heart rate sounds fine, normal is 60 to 100 bpm. You're blood pressure is also with in range. Normal is 90-120/60-80. Usually physicians don't worry about your heart rate being at 110 unless you have symptoms. Your blood pressure is fine too its just on the lower end, and again as long as you don't have symptoms its not a big deal. It's when you start feeling symptoms like lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting or palpitations that they worry.

Your heart rate might have just been up though just because of being at the doctors or maybe from stress. I know when I was going through a particularly stressful college semester I would take my pulse at REST and it would be in the 100s to 120, I didn't have any symptoms. After wards it went down into the 80s and now that I'm exercising and losing weight its in the 60s and 70s.

Honestly everybody's body is different, and if your body feels fine, I wouldn't worry.

This. 60-100 is normal for pulse, and 110 isn't bad and was probably that high due to being at the doctors or even moving around. As they said, as long as you are not experiencing frequent dizziness or fainting then there really isn't much to worry about. If you get light headed or dizzy when standing from a laying or sitting position, then just move position slowly. Drinking fluid, and even sodium can help if it is bothering you. If you notice when your heart rate goes up and palpitations, that may be anxiety, just pay attention to the patterns of when this happens.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    don't think you should worry too much but you can take a sodium supplement.
  • HungerGame82
    Options
    I loooooove you all for calming my fears about it!! Thank you!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm at BMI 21 and my BP is usually 94/54 and my resting heart rate is about 85. (and I do cardio most days). I'm not so sure it will go down.

That said, my doc has said it's fine and normal too. I'm 47.
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    A resting pulse rate of 100 isn't normal. It's tachycardia. That said, if there aren't other issues, doctors generally won't worry about it since it's not really that big of a deal in and of itself. If you do more aerobic exercises, your resting HR should go down. 30-60 minutes of low intensity is better than 15 minutes of high intensity workouts.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    you just need a little sodium and a lot of water in your body.
  • HungerGame82
    Options
    A resting pulse rate of 100 isn't normal. It's tachycardia. That said, if there aren't other issues, doctors generally won't worry about it since it's not really that big of a deal in and of itself. If you do more aerobic exercises, your resting HR should go down. 30-60 minutes of low intensity is better than 15 minutes of high intensity workouts.
    That's what bugs me about it. It isn't normal. But like I said, I drnk a lot of water, exercise (cardio and strength training), and get plenty of sodium (I like salt but I eat a normal amount, not too much). I actually crave salt and struggle to stay hydrated but I have really increased my water intake in the last 6 months. No change.
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Low fluid volume can cause a rapid pulse rate. Are you drinking enough water?
    ^^^this
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It also matters if it's Sinus tachycardia or something like atrial fibrillation. have you had an ekg?
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I actually crave salt and struggle to stay hydrated but I have really increased my water intake in the last 6 months. No change.

First of all, I am not a doctor and I have no idea whether this has any relevance to your rapid heart rate, but generally when our body craves a specific food, it's because our body needs something in that food item. When you exercise you lose sodium, so you may want to increase your sodium intake.