Breakfast ideas, other than eggs!

Options
Hi everyone I could do with some suggestions!

I love having eggs for breakfast, especially scrambled, but I am getting a little bored with them, and I try to vary it and have cereals some day and fruit etc - but does anyone have any yummy/easy hot breakfast ideas or things they love to eat??

Replies

• auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It is usually Porridge for me with honey or Blueberries, fills me up until midmorning when i might have a banana.:smile:
  • S0702
    S0702 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love greek yogurtin the morning! It has as much protein as 2 eggs and is delicous! :smile:
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ooh they sound yummy - see I don't think about stuff like that! Thank you!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i will take my greek yogurt and add frozen strawberries and 1/2 a banana and a splash of milk and make a smoothie! It is cold but so yummy. Works better in the summer. Cool and refreshing after an early morning work out!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Oatmeal.

This is one my favorite hot breakfasts. It tastes sooo good.

Denise
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, thin bagel with light cream cheese.
    Sometimes I will have toast with a wedge of laughing cow cheese
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Rye bread with peanut butter, banana slices on top of it, and a small bowel of fruit. Tried it today because I saw it on some websites and it was delicious~!

Other than that, yes, oat meal is also a wonderful choice~
    Add some cinnamon, bananas, and some nuts of choice. Nomnomnom.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with honey and/or with fresh fruit. Yogurt with fresh fruit. Omlette with diced veggies. No matter what I have I always finish with a rice cake to give me that full feeling.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hot Breakfast
    oatmeal
    hot banana mashed up with strawberries in it
    pancakes --you can find some really creative low cal pancake recipies online
    breakfast burritos---I put eggs, spinich, green peppers and brocoli (more veggies than egg)
    left over dinner--lol
    Granola mixed in warm apple sauce

Cool breakfast
    Cereal in yogurt insted of milk
    Fruit salad
    smoothies
    PB toast
    Banana rolled in trail mix
    Apples and PB
    Granola bars/ cereal bars
    Apple sauce with fruit mixed in
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hey, I see you're a fellow UK inhabitor which makes suggestions a little easier:

hot sweet breakfast ideas:

Baked Peach/Nectarine served with crumbled amaretti biscuits on top and a dollop of greek yoghurt- drizzled with a little honey. (Can sub biscuits for chopped nuts, and yoghurt for low fat creme fraiche/marscopne cheese).

Baked apple, with a hollow stuffed with cinnamon, raisins/sultanas and served with greek yoghurt/creme fraiche.

1 waffle (or 2 small breakfast panackes) served with fresh berries and home-made coulis. & dollop of yoghurt.

Savoury hot breakfasts

1 low cal tortilla (ie: weight watchers) stuffed with creamy mushrooms & spinach (Sautee sliced mushrooms in spray oil, add a dollop of extra light philadelphia- add garlic if you wish, and stir in spinach).

Stuffed tomato- Chop the top off a beef tomato & hollow out. Make a filling by grilling & crumbling som lean bacon (or turkey bacon), mix through some breadcrumbs, chopped peppers/mushrooms and stuff. Bake for 20 mins.

Crumpet rarebit- make a rarebit mixture using a little grated low fat cheddar, a tsp of mustard, 2 tsp of creme fraiche and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Mash into a paste and spread onto a crumpet and grill.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I add two egg whites to my oatmeal, lots of cinnamon, and frozen blueberries. Very yummy and filling with a good carb / protein balance.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    almond butter on toast is good or raisin toast with apples and cheese on the side
  • Mariaisgettingfit
    Options
    I have wheat biscuits with a little milk to soften them. Sometimes I treat myself to 1/4 spoon of sugar to sweeten it up but it also works great with most fruits too! That way I never get bored.
  • nlawing
    nlawing Posts: 36
    Options
    Peanut Butter Oatmeal.

This is one my favorite hot breakfasts. It tastes sooo good.

Denise

+1

Add some chocolate whey powder for protein and have chocolate and peanut butter oatmeal.
  • BookofJenny
    Options
    Oh my word - thank you everyone! I am making a note of all of these and will be trying them. Ask and you shall receive on MFP haha. Also, they are making me a little hungry - maybe I could make them for lunch!
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I either have eggs with fruit or greek yogurt with fruit. I have to get that protein in. Sometimes I'll add in some bacon (or turkey bacon) for an extra boost, but that's rare.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Homemade american style pancakes (to us non-US people these are thicker pancakes, when someone says a pancake here in Ireland, they mean a crepe style!) with 2 pieces of bacon and some maple syrup or the pancake with strawberries/grapes/pineapple with blueberry yoghurt. Love this combo.
  • BookofJenny
    Options
    Hey, I see you're a fellow UK inhabitor which makes suggestions a little easier:

hot sweet breakfast ideas:

Baked Peach/Nectarine served with crumbled amaretti biscuits on top and a dollop of greek yoghurt- drizzled with a little honey. (Can sub biscuits for chopped nuts, and yoghurt for low fat creme fraiche/marscopne cheese).

Baked apple, with a hollow stuffed with cinnamon, raisins/sultanas and served with greek yoghurt/creme fraiche.

1 waffle (or 2 small breakfast panackes) served with fresh berries and home-made coulis. & dollop of yoghurt.

Savoury hot breakfasts

1 low cal tortilla (ie: weight watchers) stuffed with creamy mushrooms & spinach (Sautee sliced mushrooms in spray oil, add a dollop of extra light philadelphia- add garlic if you wish, and stir in spinach).

Stuffed tomato- Chop the top off a beef tomato & hollow out. Make a filling by grilling & crumbling som lean bacon (or turkey bacon), mix through some breadcrumbs, chopped peppers/mushrooms and stuff. Bake for 20 mins.

Crumpet rarebit- make a rarebit mixture using a little grated low fat cheddar, a tsp of mustard, 2 tsp of creme fraiche and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Mash into a paste and spread onto a crumpet and grill.

Thank you!
  • TriumphTigress
    Options
    Breakfast can get a bit monotonous if you only look at things traditionally served at breakfast.

Break the "rules" and eat what you want - here's one of my favourites

Apple and bacon salad

Fry bacon in it's own fat until crispy, add a slices apple and fry for a few minutes. Lay a bed of spinach leaves on a plate. Top with apple and crumbled bacon. Add a few red grapes and pumpkin seeds.

Dressing: one teaspoon balsamic vinegar, one teaspoon honey, one teaspoon dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons olive oil - shake and pour over
  • craigking
    craigking Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, for me it's my protein shake, favourite in the morning is vanilla made with half apple juice half soya milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon, apple pie in a glass :)

Add me as a friend if you like, also in Lincolnshire