New- this times gonna be different

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Amber and I am new to this site and am needing some support. I know that a huge part of of my failures in the past is not having someone to talk to about weight loss, without feeling like I am going to annoy everyone. I have almost 200lbs to lose, and I AM going to do it this time. I would love to hear suggestions on work outs and eating and such!

Replies

• Hatbre
    Hatbre Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Amber, I'm just rejoining again. Maybe we can help each other out. My goal is 1500calories daily and I am currently enjoying Zumba. You should try that :-)
  • thisgirls_acowboy87
    thisgirls_acowboy87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have wanted to try Zumba for a while, but I get the "you're fat and you're going to embarrass yourself" mentality and I chicken out
  • Hatbre
    Hatbre Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No way...the more you feel embarrassed the better. It means you're trying! It is great workout and just be comfortable with laughing at yourself. Just tell yourself you'll get it the next time :-)
    I use the WII but the classes are probably more intense
  • thisgirls_acowboy87
    Options
    oh! I didnt even know they had it for the Wi! I will have to try that :)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You can do this if you are determined too. I use my Wii for excercise. There are many fitness games for it. I have been using a game called Walk It Out that you walk to music. The food diary is a great help. When you log your food you become aware of the mindless eating you do. Just plain walking is a good place to start with excercising. Find ways to get in some extra walking in your daily life. You CAN do this.
  • xiege8811
    xiege8811 Posts: 10
    Options
    GOod luck, I have just joined with a friend. Feel free to add me if you need online support.

We can do it if we just help each other!!!! I have just started to do walking.
  • MrsChay
    MrsChay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber I also have around 200lbs to lose it can be very overwhelming when looking at that number I am doing one day at a time one step at a time a making small goals for myself I am kinda new to this site too but we can support and encourage each other. I know we can do this. :smile:
  • thisgirls_acowboy87
    Options
    thanks guys! I know this time is going to be different for me! I cant feel it..... I am so excited to be starting this journey and so glad I can have such a support system! We can all do this
  • JuliaWilliams2012
    Options
    Hi Everyone... I've tried everything :-( and feel like I have been on a diet for years (deprived and starving so then secret eating!). Since discovering myfitnesspal, I find it easier and I have managed to stay motivated for 3 weeks now which is a miracle in itself! I have a stone and a half to lose before my wedding and finding it really dificult as I have thyroid problems too but the Doc's won'tt reat it yet, so hence calorie counting and excercising!

I find walking my puppy great to burn off calories, come rain or shine, we go out for a walk.

It's the little steps we take that will get us to our goal in the end, don't put too much pressure on yourself, set small targets and it feels great when you hit them!

:flowerforyou:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best as you begin! Sounds like you have busy stressful life (I could never think fast enough to be a 911 operator!) . I began exercising by putting on my favorite CDs and marching in place and dancing. First day, I lasted about 2 songs. Now I have added aerobic exercises and can last through all of Tom Petty's Greatest Hits ( an hour). I can even run for the 5 minutes of "Runnin' Down a Dream". When you first start, it's all about just moving you body. You can fine tune as your strength improves. Have fun and stay strong!
  • JuliaWilliams2012
    Options
    You can do it Amber!!
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    All can feel free.to add me. I started out walking and after a while, started adding stuff in. But I always walk.
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me if you want, I love talking about weight loss!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you like - I think the support system on here is fantastic!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! One day at a time! I know it's considered old fashion but I love Jazzercise. I do that 5 times a week and two days of yoga. I also walk 1-2 times a week. I have lost weight follow MFP and I do eat back my exercise calories (but usually not all of them).
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    oh! I didnt even know they had it for the Wi! I will have to try that :)
    [/quote

Love Zumba on the wii especially the 2nd game as you can create all your favorites. Also wii cardio (boxing) is great especially if you've had a bad day :)
  • Mariaisgettingfit
    Options
    I'm just starting up again too, I have about 60lbs to lose! Maybe we could help each other out?