So fed up.

Options
Jain
Jain Posts: 861 Member
Warning, lots of moaning ahead!

I broke my foot a couple of days ago & have a very heavy plaster on ATM.. Even with crutches I'm not very mobile as my one good leg just happens to be the one with the arthritic hip, so i can only stand for a couple of mins before it becomes painful. Which makes raiding the fridge next to impossible:wink: . But it also means I'm totally dependant on my OH to fetch & carry for me. And I hate that.
The only thing thats keeping me going is the thought my appointment at the fracture clinic on Monday, when they might replace this cast with either a walking cast, or hopefully just strapping & a walking boot.
At least my arms are getting a good work out, I have to shuffle up the stairs to the loo on my bum & my arms are shaking by the time I get to the top. Doing that a few times a day means by bedtime my arms are knackered.
I'm already going stir crazy!

Replies

• nlawing
    nlawing Posts: 36
    Options
    In 2009 I was in a car accident that laid me up for about 3 months. Broken ankle, wrist and clavicle. It sucked.

But, with patience and perserverance, I slowly starting exercising and becoming active again and now I feel like I'm even better shape than I was before the accident. Don't let it get you down.. absolutely REFUSE those feelings and you'll do fine.

Good luck to you.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Probably your pecs and abs are getting a work out with that scooching thing too. I would so be logging that as exercise.

Feel better soon!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kaefer13
    kaefer13 Posts: 9
    Options
    Oh, I feel sorry for you. I got rid of my walking boot after three month, just two month ago. Broken foot, ligament torn away from my ankle and damaged ankle. The first time, after the break, when I looked up my stairs, I thought "oh sh...". My butt got a work-out. But believe it or not, it actually gets easier. Just hang in there. Best of luck to you.