Breakfast ideas, other than eggs!

Options

Replies

• mrsfickle
    mrsfickle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Overnight Blueberry French Toast- YUM! 110 calories if made in 8x8 and cut in 12 pcs. Spray glass dish, tear up 8 slices of low cal bread (Nickles), add fresh or frozen blueberries. In mixing bowl- beat 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 1/2 cup of sugar free low calorie syrup, 1/2 cup of skim milk. Pour over bread and blueberries, cover and refridgerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, middle will be wiggly but will set. My family loves this recipe! :drinker:
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...
    Make a sandwich! Wheat sandwich thin or bagel thin, 1 or 2 TBSP. of any flavor hummus, crisp apple slices, a THICK layer of baby spinach leaves. Sweet, spicy, green, yummy!
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've been eating dinner leftovers from the night before lately. I can just pack it up the night before and grab it out of the refrigerator on my to work. This morning I had broccoli slaw. On Monday I had mushroom soup.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I take whole wheat pancake mix and put cake batter protein powder in them. Fresh fruit on top ... if I'm in the mood I'll drizzle honey :)
  • Loopy_1980
    Loopy_1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter on a wholemeal English muffin practically everyday! Never get bored of it
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I"ve been having a chocolate shakeology, made with Skim milk and 2 teaspoons of Peanut Butter. I look forward to it everyday, it's like a treat for breakfast. Yum!
  • mokpochica
    mokpochica Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make my own organic yogurt. It tastes awesome and it is super easy and saves so much money. I use a crockpot, but you could actually make it with just a pan. I use these instructions. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html

Anyway, I take my yogurt and add some stevia, raisins, pressed oats and slivered almonds and mix it up for a tasty breakfast. Then I have some iced coffee. It's delicious and fills me up.
  • SemiChaud
    SemiChaud Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Fibre 1 Honey Clusters cereal. It only has 6 grams of sugar a serving and it really helped me with my iron/fibre levels.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My new thing is Dannon Okios greek yogurt (fave is vanilla) w/fruit & granola. Chobani brand is a lil bitter/tart tasting to me.
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make pancakes out of protein powder and they are AWESOME!

1.5 scoops protein powder
    2 egg whites
    1/4 c water ( the amount that you need will depend on the protein that you use, mine is pretty thick and sometimes I need more)

LOTS of protein (46g) and low on calories
    ( PS. I use the Myofusion Probiotic Vanilla powder)
  • blkanmld
    blkanmld Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Protien smoothie

Scoop of protien
    1/2 cup of skim milk
    greek yougurt
    2 serving of any fruit you want I usually do strawberry and banana

I usually sipe on it during the beginning of work. Its thick and keeps you full for a couple hours
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I like PB&J for breakfast. If you want it warm, you could toast the bread... then the PB gets all yummy and gooey.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    this AM I made oatmeal...I put in some canned pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice ;) yum
  • ryannpem
    ryannpem Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eggs! Love them eggs! They are a good source of protein in the morning. Best to eat eggs with meat in the morning time OR eat a piece of 100% Whole Wheat Toast with some peanut butter on it.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I could do with some suggestions!

I love having eggs for breakfast, especially scrambled, but I am getting a little bored with them, and I try to vary it and have cereals some day and fruit etc - but does anyone have any yummy/easy hot breakfast ideas or things they love to eat??

Oatmeal with fruit
    Cinnamon Raisin Bagel (or any kind really)
    English Muffin with bacon, egg and cheese .. I know, eggs, but it's really good.

Just to name a few
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I usually make a smoothie--frozen berries, a banana, a scoop of whey protein, almond milk and if I'm feeling EXTRA hungry...some almond butter. Delish!
  • Brittabric
    Options
    You can seriously eat just about anything. . .I have salads or leftovers. Protein is a great way to get you going and keep you satisfied until lunch!
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Arnold's Oatnut bread, toasted with cream cheese. Soooo good. You can also do a whey protein shake.. I use vanilla almond whey with one orange, one banana, ice, water, and then mix it in a blender. It's really good. Today I mixed it up and put cottage cheese in my shake. Very delicious.
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Yoplait or Jamba Juice smoothies, yogurt parfaits (with greek yogurt), oatmeal. :)_