Got a long way to go!

Options
Not sure why i am posting here, although to get what i can from this site....of which i am grateful for, never before have i been so diligent about tracking what i eat and my exercise.
It seems like many here i am looking to get into better shape, which does not mean body builder, it just means healthy for my age, and a BMI around 15. this translates into approx 100lbs to lose. And so the journey begins.

So why am i doing this......well its time......the Dr tells me that i have some medical challenges due to my sedentary lifestyle and my love of food (god i love cheeseburgers). Nothing medically fatal, unless i ignore them...you know the standards, Blood pressure, diabetes, laziness, and oh yes fatness......I try to inject a bit of humor here, although i do realize the seriousness of my problems.

So i have been at this since the 15th of may, with changes in my diet that are pretty strong changes (did i mention i love cheeseburgers). Cardio to start for the first two weeks at the gym, up to 45 min on the elliptical and today was 580 cal according to the machine (please do not bust this bubble, i like this bubble), and 35 min on the treadmill......
Next week i start lighter resistance training, and the journey continues. I am pretty active on weekends with fishing and chores so i think i will skip the gym on the weekends for now, and use it as recovery time.

Why am i telling you all this, i do not know exactly, although it said to intro myself so i am.......i started this journey at 301 lbs. Wednesdays weight in was 282...to to shabby to start, i was pretty excited actually........i know it will slow, but a good start indeed.

thanks for letting me rant,

I

Replies

• TeeCup99
    TeeCup99 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for ranting! :) I'm glad you are making healthier choices-we all need to! Nice to meet you!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Remember to take everything a day at a time, you will succeed . Welcome.
  • his4runner
    his4runner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! I admire your courage. Stay focused and encouraged and I have no doubt, you'll meet your goal. Blessings!
  • gottolosethisweight
    gottolosethisweight Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your rant! You are doing great! Take one day at a time. Good Luck on a healthier you!
  • RobbiTaber
    RobbiTaber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is NOT shabby!!! You go!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    As far as rants go, that's a pretty good one. And good for you and your changes. Keep up the great work.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and hold on to that bubble. Calories burned, but don't get obsessed with it. Just keep pushing yourself when you work out and regardless of the number(s) you'll see results. Good for you!
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No bubble bursting here!! I am proud of you for having the courage to even start! If you are looking for a supportive friend feel free to add me!! Good luck and keep pushing! I know you can do it!! :)
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting so far so quickly! Stick to it, and you'll make it to where you want to be!
  • Hevans1012
    Hevans1012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not to shabby at all! Good luck :smile: