Need help with my FitBit!

Options
Ok so I got my fitbit today- so far so good, but I have a couple questions...
As far as my exercise goes, I saw on the fitbit website as well as on here to "start" & "stop" my exercise- I see no such buttons on the mfp website or app... ?
Also, the number of calories burned on the actual fitbit- What is this number called? I'm assuming this is the total numbers of calories I've burned including exercise for the day, so if I wanted to loose 2lbs a week for example, Id just try to eat 1000 less than this number per day?
Any other tips or advice for my new cool little device would be appreciated as well :)

Replies

• lauradian
    lauradian Posts: 32
    Options
    Bumpity Bump.. Anybody out there?
  • olympian41
    olympian41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To 'start' and 'stop' you just hold down the button and it will say 'start' on the screen ... the same as you would do if you're tracking sleep :)

I just got mine yesterday and am LOVING it so far.
  • isouda
    isouda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I exercise I log it here by choosing the relevant exercise in the exercise tab and then putting in the start time and how many minutes the exercise lasted. This way mfp will sync the info over to fitbit for the correct time you were exercising and this will overwrite the steps fitbit has recorded for you. Yoga,my favourite exercise other than running, doesn't record much in the way of steps so far better to log the exercise in mfp and get my calorie burn synced over to fitbit.

Hope this makes sense, I have had my fitbit for 5 weeks now and am seriously addicted to it. My weightloss had slowed to zero but I am now consistently losing around 1 to 1.5 pounds a week by trying to burn 1000 calories a day more than I eat :happy: