Please Help me I've stopped losing wieght!!!!

Options
Ok all, I'm needing some advice. When I started MFP about 3 mo. ago, I was losing wieght quite rapidly, now it has become difficult for me to lose wieght and if I do I will go up and down on the scale for a week or two. I stay within my calorie goal which is 1200 a day and I excersie a few days a week. Also, I have lost 32 lbs, but yet I look just a little slimmer. I am half way to my goal, so I figured I would look better than I do but not really. My clothes are looser and I do look better but I have not went down any sizes. I have thought maybe I needed to up my calorie intake but I want to get some advice first.

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I would try increasing your calories or changing things up. Zig zagging your calories might help too - it always helped me get off a plateau when I was stuck on one. Also, change up your workouts and get plenty of water.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    First off you aren't looking a 'little' slimmer you're looking a LOT slimmer. You face has changed completely, well done!

Secondly, open your diary. Without knowing what you're eating and what your exercise is like, it's difficult to give advice.

What is your height and weight?
  • ebenso1
    ebenso1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will be anxious to hear any replies as well. I am in the same boat! I've lost 30lbs, half way to goal weight but only down about 1/2 a size! And I have been stuck and fighting with the same 2 pounds for almost 3 weeks, up and down, up and down. I feel your pain! Sorry I can't be of any help. But, take comfort in knowing that some one else is in the same situation as you :smile:
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Ok all, I'm needing some advice. When I started MFP about 3 mo. ago, I was losing wieght quite rapidly, now it has become difficult for me to lose wieght and if I do I will go up and down on the scale for a week or two. I stay within my calorie goal which is 1200 a day and I excersie a few days a week. Also, I have lost 32 lbs, but yet I look just a little slimmer. I am half way to my goal, so I figured I would look better than I do but not really. My clothes are looser and I do look better but I have not went down any sizes. I have thought maybe I needed to up my calorie intake but I want to get some advice first.

Hahaha you hit your plateau....its ok though because that means your body is in good shape or starting to get accustomed to the great exercising routine you implemented!!! Congrats and I would eat protein at the same calorie intake to have your body take longer to process the stuff and you feel full faster!! Good luck and I have so much for I can type however I can not because I am at work
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Do a search for "Eat more to weigh less" There is a ton of info there. I think it'll help you decide what to do.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    increase your protein :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

You aren't eating enough. Your weight might go up at first as your body works to readjust.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Do a search for "Eat more to weigh less" There is a ton of info there. I think it'll help you decide what to do.

Just don't question anything they post in there or question the effect of zig-zagging calories vs. eating the same amount every day......That will get you banned.
  • sashaeverett
    sashaeverett Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    First off you aren't looking a 'little' slimmer you're looking a LOT slimmer. You face has changed completely, well done!

Secondly, open your diary. Without knowing what you're eating and what your exercise is like, it's difficult to give advice.

What is your height and weight?

I do have my diary open, I'm not sure why it is not showing but I will look into that. I am 5ft. 6in. and I weigh 167.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing your diary as open either. Maybe you have it open only to friends?
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm at a 1230 calorie daily goal, and I find it almost inpossible without feeling like I'm constantly starving, which we probably are. I'd say eat 1500-1700 calories a day and start doing simple walking and yoga, sometimes your body losses weight when it's not expecting it!
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Please don't yell at me but I have a question....you say your clothes are looser but you haven't gone down any sizes. How tight were your clothes to begin with? The reason I ask this question is to get you to think about where you really started.

I lost a lot of weight but never went down any sizes either. Then I started to think about how those same clothes actually fit me before. I should have boughten bigger sizes but kept squeezing into my smaller ones. They were so stretched out that once I lost the weight I realized I really wasn't a size 24 but a 26 or possibly even as big as a 28. Now I am an 18 and still have a lot to go, but I still can wear A LOT of my old clothes and I can breathe in them too. Clothes size isn't everything. You look better and you feel better. That is what counts.

Try the zigzagging. It helps a lot of us move that scale when it gets stubborn. And be patient...it isn't a race!
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in the advice given here because I have hit a plateau as well. With only 10 lbs left to go I haven't lost an ounce since last week! It's very discouraging and even though I'm staying within my daily calorie goal I find that I haven't been making the best food choices. I've been thinking about trying the zig zag but adding all those additional calories is a scary thought to me.

Best of luck to you! =)
  • Lozze
    Options
    I do have my diary open, I'm not sure why it is not showing but I will look into that. I am 5ft. 6in. and I weigh 167.

Using fat2fitradio.com your BMR is 1640. This is the aboustle minimum you need to eat to survive if you were lying in bed all day. So eating well below that at your weight is not feeding your body properly. At your current weight you are just in the overweight category. There's no need to eat so far below your BMR.

Looking at your diary for the past week you're not eating enough. Most days you're under by a couple of hundred calories. You don't need to starve to lose weight. I'm also a bit wary of your calories. The tuna sandwich you're having for lunch is really, really low. I have a can of tuna with two pieces of rye crisps and that's around 190. Bread is usually higher calories than crispbread.

Are you exercising? There's nothing entered for the past week. You can lose weight without exercising, you're not going to get the look you want though.

Are you drinking water?

You need to eat more. At the aboustle minimum you have to be hitting 1200 every day. You should be eating more, but try and at least hit that. Your body is a machine and it need to be fueled. It starts to slow down if you don't give it the proper fuel.
  • sashaeverett
    sashaeverett Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Using fat2fitradio.com your BMR is 1640. This is the aboustle minimum you need to eat to survive if you were lying in bed all day. So eating well below that at your weight is not feeding your body properly. At your current weight you are just in the overweight category. There's no need to eat so far below your BMR.

Looking at your diary for the past week you're not eating enough. Most days you're under by a couple of hundred calories. You don't need to starve to lose weight. I'm also a bit wary of your calories. The tuna sandwich you're having for lunch is really, really low. I have a can of tuna with two pieces of rye crisps and that's around 190. Bread is usually higher calories than crispbread.

Are you exercising? There's nothing entered for the past week. You can lose weight without exercising, you're not going to get the look you want though.

Are you drinking water?

You need to eat more. At the aboustle minimum you have to be hitting 1200 every day. You should be eating more, but try and at least hit that. Your body is a machine and it need to be fueled. It starts to slow down if you don't give it the proper fuel.

Yeah I eat till I'm full, but the things i pick normally do not have alot of calories in them. The tuna sandwhich you are seeing is only a half a sandwhich. I do not eat a whole sandwhich for lunch. Yes, I excercise a few times a week on my treadmill for about half an hour or sometimes an hour just depends. I don't record my workouts, because I never wanted to eat back my calories. I drink water, but I don't record that. But no I don't drink as much as i should. I probably drink 16-32 oz of water a day.
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i was in the same boat and starting zigzagging this week and lost 1 pound already!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your workout routine? Sometimes that will cause you to gain weight for a short period of time do to a change in your muscles, but then it will start coming back down.
  • Lozze
    Options
    From what you've said (and this would obviously need to be checked by a doctor) your metaobilisim appears to have slowed down. Half a sandwich for lunch isn't normal. You're not giving your body enough nutrients to be able to function properly and therefore you're finding it harder and harder to lose weight. I would suggest going to your doctor and getting blood work done or even a nutrionist. Eating is wonderful and your body requires food to function. What you're eating is fine you just need to eat more of it.
  • caramia311
    caramia311 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Unless you are not logging everything you eat, it looks to me like you are not eating enough. Especially if you are working out, I would make sure to eat a minimum of 1200-1300 a day. Try to up your protein intake and water consumption as well -- that will help boost your metabolism. You may also want to throw a few more work outs in as well -- try mixing it up from the treadmill -- weights, other cardio etc.