I keep working out but not losing weight

Options
Can anyone tell me what the deal is? I've cut down my portion sizes, rarely drink soda anymore and when I do I do not even finish it. I alternate jogging/speed walking with Zumba toning/abs, push ups & sit ups & pilates on my days I go to the track. The scale wont budge. Am I turning my fat to muscle first then I'll start seeing weight loss? or am I just doing this wrong?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    how long have you been doing all this?

how big is your caloric deficit?
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can't provide accurate advice without being able to see your diary. Most likely you may not be eating healthy enough. You may also have to up your calories. But extremly hard to tell unless I can see your diary.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Don't know how long you've been at this, but it looks like you just joined MFP last month. If that is your timeline, you need to be more patient. Also, I would suggest taking measurements, neck, hips, waist, etc. The scale isn't always the best indicator of progress.
  • simplyAmanda89
    simplyAmanda89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    a month maybe, thats why i asked if its normal to build muscle first then see weight loss. and I try to eat healthy-ish and if its not completly healthy I tend to eat smaller portions than I used to just because I know how many calories are there. I'm trying for 1100-1200 calories, naturally Im hardly hungry so I make myself eat sometimes. I try and stay away from sweets. I drink usually around 6-12 cups of water a day.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    So, as a pp said, if we can't see your diary, it's hard to really tell what is going on. BUT from your recent post, if you are consuming 1100- 1200 calories and working out, you are most likely not giving yourself enough calories to get through the day. Your body might be holding onto every ounce of fat because it's not getting enough fuel from the food you eat. Try to up your calories a bit (200-300) of healthy food and see what happens after a few weeks.
  • caramia311
    caramia311 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You measuring?
  • simplyAmanda89
    Options
    Don't know how long you've been at this, but it looks like you just joined MFP last month. If that is your timeline, you need to be more patient. Also, I would suggest taking measurements, neck, hips, waist, etc. The scale isn't always the best indicator of progress.

well I definitely notice less jiggling lol, my bf said he's noticed small differences so I know something is happening.
  • simplyAmanda89
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose?

im at 160ish, trying to get down to 130-135 around there.