NSV...shopping

Options
jennylea16
jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
I rarely buy myself clothes, and usually they are plain and boring. I am going out with some friends tomorrow night and wanted to buy a decent looking shirt so I stopped into Kohls. For the first time in a long time I didn't either start to cry in the dressing room or give up and run out because I was about to cry. It's not because I'm happy with the way I look in the mirror yet, I've only lost 7 lbs with so much more to go, but I saw something I haven't in a while...potential. I felt faith that I can and will lose the weight and that by this time next year I will be able to buy all the cute clothes I can't right now. It was a good feeling. I know some of you can understand.

Thanks to all who have friended me and are giving me support and for all the sucess stories that are posted and give me the inspiration I need to keep going.

Replies

• Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on your NSV!!! You got this!!
  • lil_bear0811
    Options
    You're doing amazing. Keep up the good work! The rewards are worth every single ounce of sweat.
  • LORRIE22
    LORRIE22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You have potential!
    I have been at this dieting now for 2 years...and I am losing very slowly.
    But I have lost almost 50 pounds.

I am counting calories. It is working!
    And you might lose faster than me. So hang in there. The weight will come off.
    Try not to get too discouraged along the way.
    This is a lifelong challenge...to take off the weight...then keep it off.
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:

I have more to lose this year...and next too.
    I have potential too. :bigsmile:

Soon you will be throwing out baggy clothes. That is so nice!
    :smile:
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    definite NSV - know the feeling - very happy for you :)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling to not completely dislike what you see in the mirror!! You are doing great. Soon, you will not only see potential, but you will enjoy seeing yourself in new clothes!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!