too many eggs?

Options
I have been eating 1 or 2 boiled eggs for breakfast...need high protein to keep me from snacking...is this too much...don't think I have a cholesterol problem.

Replies

• Anonymou5
    Anonymou5 Posts: 92
    Options
    No that's no problem, eat as many eggs as you want, it still won't be a problem :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 1 or 2 boiled eggs for breakfast...need high protein to keep me from snacking...is this too much...don't think I have a cholesterol problem.

Nope, it's probably healthy.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday for breakfast and never had a problem with cholesterol. I had my blood work checked and I have low to normal cholesterol levels.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have about 6-8 whole ones a day, my blood work checks out fine.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Eggs are eggcellent, eat up.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I love eggs!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So many mixed studies about if eggs are good or bad. My experience: I love eggs. I eat them all the time. I'd say on average of 1-2 per day. I have good Cholesterol levels. My thoughts: Eat-up
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I have issues with my cholesterol, so I can only have them every so often.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat roughly 10 eggs a day.

Also dietary cholesterol has very minimal impact on your blood serum cholesterol.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Was just about to post a similar question... I'm having two a day for lunch, but wanted to up it to 3 as my calorie goals are higher and my protein levels are too low, i'm also trying to cut out meat (but eggs is fine) but the cholesterol level constantly being in the red on my food diary scares me, as well as my sat fat always being high too... I'm assuming this is ok? It's just eggs...
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat a hard-boiled egg everyday and lots of animal protein. My (bad) cholesterol numbers have plummeted since incorporating the additional protein, and my good numbers have skyrocketed! I have recently heard that dietary cholesterol has very little impact on your numbers, and my results seem to back this up.

Exercise and cut out as much processed crap as you can, and then at all the eggs you want. :smile:
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I eat roughly 10 eggs a day.

Also dietary cholesterol has very minimal impact on your blood serum cholesterol.

But has a good impact on testosterone!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Most of the cholesterol production is endogenous - the levels being regulated; When dietary fat bring in cholesterol, the production ceases and vice-versa. There is also a difference between the LDL and HDL (low/ high density lipoproteins)
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    I eat 3 eggs on most mornings and my cholesterol levels are fine.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have high cholesterol and my physician told me that diet is 20% of the problem and the other 80% is genetic.
  • aliOop18
    aliOop18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and have them frequently....But what I will usually do is eat more egg whites than whole eggs. For example, if I'm going to eat 3 eggs, I'll just eat 1 whole eggs and 2 egg whites.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have high cholesterol and my physician told me that diet is 20% of the problem and the other 80% is genetic.

So if you're body naturally wants to produce the bad types of cholesterol, then that's all the more reason to get dietary cholesterol so your body won't produce as much (in theory, don't ask me for a reference on that).
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I eat two eggs amost every morning. Most of the time it's two egg whites, but every once in a while I'll use one egg white and one whole egg for extra calories/nutrition. My cholesterol is lower than it used to be. Eggs are good for you, so I don't see a problem. :smile:
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Eggs are no longer considered taboo for cholesterol reasons. EAT UP!