Scales

Options
Ok, now that I'm done going to the doctor's every couple of weeks I really am nervous. I liked getting weighed on his scale because it was accurate and reliable. Everyone I've talked to about buying a scale and recommendations all say different things and I've heard tons of complaints about not getting accurate weights, so now I'm going to ask here...what kind of scale do you recommend?

Replies

• actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Juinper,

You may talk to your doctor's office and see if you can just stop in there to weigh. My doc allows this - it doesn't cost anything and then I don't have to worry about the "right" scale. And, I get obsessive when I have a scale in my house, so I am better off not getting on that train of crazy!!! :)

Hopefully your doc is close and this will be a good method for you.

Melanie
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    See I would do that, but the doctor I was going to see was out of town and had one of those scales you had to step on and move the weights to find out your weight, but my local doctor has a normal scale but I found out during my pregnancy was off by 20 pounds so I don't even want to bother with that.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Honestly if their is a gym near you that has an electric scale with an auto balance, I would see if asking them just to stop in and use the scale and see what they say but I agree about going to your doctors to ask to just use the scale
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Most scales will probably be off by only one or two pounds if at all. At this point, that difference shouldn't really matter. I'd just recommend buying an inexpensive scale and keeping it on a hard surface away from moisture. If it isn't precise, you'll know pretty quickly and you can just return it.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    As long as you weight in the same scales at the same time of day (should be 1st thing in morning before you eat) then you will see what you have lost. I weight in a few different ones and i find that the amount of ibs i have lost is the same on them all but what i start at and end at is slightly different. My scales tend to be 2lb lighter than the ones i use in a shop but if i lose say 2lb they both show a 2lb loss x