Flabby Arms

Options
Please help!

I've been losing weight steadily and took all my measurements about 4 weeks ago. I've lost loads of centimeters over my whole body, except on my arms. I have fat, flabby arms.

I'm busy with 30 day shred and can see the change in other parts of my body, but not my arms?

Any advice? Is it diet or exercise related?

Replies

• MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Building muscle will help, but you cannot target a specific area for fat loss.
  • sisdunbar
    sisdunbar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For me too! I'd love to have much more toned arms. I've only lost 0.5cm since January but I have noticed that since I started exercising in April and starting the 30 day shred a couple of weeks ago, they are looking more defined. So keep at it. As MustBeTheRows said, you cannot target specific areas but it should start coming off along with other parts! I have started having protein shakes too which is supposed to help with building lean muscle. I'll try anything!!
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    First of all, I think your body takes a little time to adapt to the difference in weight. I was stuck at about 230 for 3 weeks or so and during that time period, I actually noticed my body shape changed more than any other period so far. I wasn't gaining muscle and was staying at the same weight, but my body shape was still changing.

I'd also recommend doing some resistance training. While you can't target a specific area for fat loss, if you increase muscle, you increase the muscle to fat ratio and that will result in less "flabbiness".
  • magneticreikipaul
    magneticreikipaul Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    use dumbells ladies to tone your arms and build muscle
    but not too heavy
    that said if your purse or bag weighs more than your dumbells they wont do you much good