Restaurant Help Please!!

Options
I am trying very hard to get back into better eating habits (low cal (1250-1300 a day and low carb 40-80). I have also recently started dating and tonight we are going to a new restaurant. If anyone has a moment to spare and wouldn't mind checking out the menu to give some advice I would really appreciate it.

Here is the site: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/cafew/princeton/pdf/3001-DM.pdf

Thank you again for any help!

Replies

• gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard without knowing what you like. The salad with no cheese and no dressing is always a safe choice (although those salads all seem like they'd be a little dry without dressing). Otherwise, I'd say the salmon with extra vegetables instead of the rice.

When you go out to a restaurant, I feel that the best thing you can do is order something relatively healthy and just not worry about it. I'm on a very strict diet and I know that there's tons of salt and sauces that I can't have in meals at restaurants, but I simply do my best to order and then just enjoy my food when it comes.

I'm also personally not a fan of "making up" for previous meals. I don't change my exercise plan or future meals based on "cheating". It tends to have a cascading effect where you begin to tell yourself "I can cheat now and just make up for it tomorrow."
  • Cinbeth
    Cinbeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you. And I like how you view cheat days. Just move on and keep doing what you are doing.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would probably get either the tilapia or the fajitas (if you go this route maybe take it easy on the tortillas and skip the sour cream).

Enjoy your date!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Not sure if salmon would be too much for you, but order it dry. Yum!
    Salads I ask for either the dressing (of my choice) on the side OR have them bring me olive oil and red vinegar to the table. I have seen you can use lemon juice as a dressing also.

There is also a veggie burger down there.

And Hummus on the apps menu. See if they have fresh veggies for dipping.