Altering Clothes-pictures

Options
My hubby had a black tie event he needed to attend for work. Since I did not want to buy a new dress because I still have a ways to go...and the one I had was a size 24, I needed to be creative. I didn't want to permanently change the dress. The first picture is of me wearing the dress on a cruise back in 2004, at my heaviest. The next picture is of me this week before and after altering the dress. I am now a size 16/18.
I took the skirt in 8 inches to fit like an empire waist making one big pleat (that hides the belly). Since I don't do the cleavage thing. I pulled the bottom of the cowl up and pinned it to my bra, giving I think a more flattering neckline. Then I put the skirt OVER the top and added a pin. I think it was great and the pleat may be removed later if needed. It was a fun night.

9f41b7fc-1.jpg

a2ec9cb4.jpg

aed0a67f.jpg

Replies

• niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WOW you look great and you did a wonderful job on the dress. I think I like the second one better:)
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    LOVE what you did to the dress! That's amazing!

Congrats on the weight loss! :)
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What awesome progress and the dress look awesome!!!!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Wow - the dress, re-style by you, looks even better than how it was originally designed to be worn.

Great job! You look fantastic! :flowerforyou:

ETA: And I'm glad you had fun - that's what this is all about...LIVING WELL! And having fun!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! It looks waay prettier now and you look awesome!

Also, I am a bit curious why you are so adamant about it being able to be taken out if needed. Have faith in yourself lady, you can keep the lbs off! :flowerforyou:
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job altering it and you look great! Beautiful dress.
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The dress looks lovely after the alterations! & I like the lost inches, too (:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are super creative and crafty!!!!! that's amazing. I couldn't do anything like that....

And WOW on your transformation so far!!! Great work :D
  • hayengirl
    hayengirl Posts: 11
    Options
    I have sisters and friends that are large and would like the option to let them use it if needed. I have another gown that I bought when I was at goal weight before. We go on a lot of family cruises so I have my eye on another gown in 2 years!
  • eyecandy1202
    Options
    Awesome job on the dress! You look great!
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You did a fantastic job with the dress. I wish I had talent like that. You have also done a fantastic job with your weight loss. Lookin' good, keep it up.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I love it! You did a great job!! You look amazing!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    Great job!:happy: I have tried altering some of my special clothes with limited success. Your dress looks great, and who wants to buy a dress for this one event since you'll be losing more.

BTW! Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! You look like a different person, or perhaps just a younger and fitter you!:drinker:
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That looks AMAZING! you look great! good job!
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Gorgeous, I can totally see a difference (and not just in the dress!). Also, I'm so impressed that you fixed the dress up like that all on your own. I wish I was that crafty, haha.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that was a clever idea and you and the dress look amazing!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!! and so creative with all of the alterations! I would have never thought to do any of that :) Great job and keep up the great work! :)
  • miss_missa07
    miss_missa07 Posts: 170
    Options
    Amazing alteration! I love the new dress and the new you! Keep up the amazing work :).
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    How creative...I like the altered version better than what it was originally. Glad you enjoyed yourself and great job on the loss...keep it up:drinker:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Oh I love the changes you made! It looks so classic Holllywood!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!