gain a pound? gain a stretch mark!

Options
cyurt
cyurt Posts: 37 Member
Hello! I'm 22 and 5'10.
My skin cannot handle extra fat! When I was about 15 I started gaining weight and my highest was 180. I gained 4 pant sizes in a season and with that I developed stretch marks on my inner thighs and on the outside. The worst ones are the inner thigh and I still have them to this day at the weight of 145. I have tried everything from coco butter, vicks (bizzare myth), mederma, and now Im on Bio Oil. Nothing is really helping for me. I know I will never get rid of them completely but I would like them to be less faint and I dont know what to do anymore. If anyone can give me some advice or tips that have worked for them? I guess I will have to live with these battle scars haha

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i am the same. i heard something about using 'carboxy' on them but i don't know what that is. i know you can pay loads to get laser treatment on them but that only turns them white which they will do eventually on their own anyway. its pretty unhealthy, but mine look so much better when i have a tan :)
  • cyurt
    Options
    I new something like laser treatment would be the only way to get rid of them, what are the odds!
    I used to tan and yes that does work! I stopped about a year ago and its so hard not to go back.....pale skin shows everything!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    They will eventually fad to where you can barely see them. They will always be there though. Unfortunately the creams and such don't do much if anything for stretch marks.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I never had a single stretch mark on my body until I was 8 months pregnant with my son. Then I got them on my tummy, both my sides, and REALLY deep ugly ones on my upper thighs.
    It's been nearly 4 years and they still suck. Faded .. sure.. but still there none the less. It's just an ugly fact of life. :\
  • cyurt
    Options
    I haven't even had kids and I have them! Once that time comes I will for sure be stretchmark city hahaha
    thanks for the input everyone :smile:
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    take vitamin d pills. i am taking them for my acne, and i noticed they helped with my stretch marks a little.

vitamin d reduces swelling and helps to eliminate redness. this is partially why when you get a tan, they look a lot better. obviously the skin tone helps, but the vitamin your body makes from getting sun helps with the redness and swelling. i take one 5000 iu pill of vitamin d every morning. hope this helps you out too!