walking with a stroller

Options
Hi! I'm totally new to this, so hopefully I'm in the right place. I'm just wondering, if I walk while pushing the stroller(which weighs 80lbs!), do I count the stroller as one exercise and the walking as a seperate exercise for counting calories burned? Thanks so much for any help!

Replies

• brooke402
    brooke402 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's a good question I wold love to have an answer for that as well

My husband and I walked for over 3 miles while he pulled the wagon with about 60lbs of kids in plus the wagon and we didn't count that part
  • megpinn50
    megpinn50 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hopefully someone can help. It would be a much better motivator to push all that weight if I get to count it seperately ;)
  • acceber29
    acceber29 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just asked something similar as the calories are definitely off in the tracker. When I plug in the pushing a child in stroller for 30 minutes, it's way lower then the calories burned if I just put in that I walked at a moderate pace for 30 minutes. What I think I'm going to do is just bump up the pace I walked at to account for the stroller - I'm not sure though. Like if I walk at a moderate pace with the stroller (3mph), then I'll actually put in that I walked at a brisk pace (3.5) to account for the stroller pushing. But maybe that's what they mean for you to do - log the stroller pushing separate? I don't know! But I want to know too! :)
  • megpinn50
    megpinn50 Posts: 5
    Options
    The calories on here have to be off. Or, they want you to count the walking and the stroller pushing seperate. There is no way I am burning more calories by myself then when I am pushing 80lbs of stroller uphill! At least, I sure hope not! :)
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Try using a heart-rate monitor & doing the math. That's really the only thing I can suggest.
  • feedingonrose
    Options
    What I think would probably be most accurate is googling another fitness site that calculates calories burned for pushing a 80lb stroller and then making a custom exercise and adding it to your diary. Then in future times, you could use the quick tools to copy it.
    I walk my daughter in her stoller (30lbs) and i just count it as walking. But if my stroller was 80lbs I'd be curious to know how much that burns. Hope that helps. Thanks.
  • AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pushing the stroller would be more counted as Strength. It makes it harder to do the cardio! but they wont count them together. I use the website fatburn.com
    On the left, click free tools
    Then click burning calories while exercising tool
    You put in your weight and pick what you did. In your case walking. Pick the speed in which you were going and click go
    It will give you times that equal an amout of calories. I would maybe add 20 calories to that for the stroller pushing.