falling off insanity wagon....

Options
So I did my 2nd fit test. Did approximately 10-15% better than the first day. I did day 16 and came down hard on my left knee. I took an extra day break cuz when I woke up it was hurting me and I didn't want to hurt it further..... Which lead to taking day 17 break... 18...19..... I CANT take it anymore!! Ive been consuming 2000 (bad) calories since there's nothing to eat in the house instead of my regular 1500 calories.... I want to get right back onto insanity so bad.... Should I just pick back up where I left off?! Or should I start back over from the beginning?! Help.......

Replies

• Laura1667
    Laura1667 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is to get moving again (believe me, I have been where you are now). Just do something small, like go shopping for your food and get rid of the "easy food". Then, pick up where you left off! No reason to make yourself start over because of a slight bump in the road. "Starting over" is how I justify myself those extra days/weeks of overeating and drinking.

What you had was a small injury and a few days off. Pick up where you left off and modify any exercises that cause even the slightest pain (not discomfort, pain).

You are doing great!
  • ThinkThinForever
    Options
    The hardest part is to get moving again (believe me, I have been where you are now). Just do something small, like go shopping for your food and get rid of the "easy food". Then, pick up where you left off! No reason to make yourself start over because of a slight bump in the road. "Starting over" is how I justify myself those extra days/weeks of overeating and drinking.

What you had was a small injury and a few days off. Pick up where you left off and modify any exercises that cause even the slightest pain (not discomfort, pain).

You are doing great!

Thank you!!! That is so inspirational!!
  • davecannon
    davecannon Posts: 92
    Options
    Feel better, then start where you left off. If you keep up workouts on an injury you are going to make it worse. Trust me, I know a guy!
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    Recover and then just pick it back up.

Also: if there are only "bad calories" in your kitchen/pantry, you need to go shopping.
  • VirgoMom
    VirgoMom Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity too - started May 21st and have struggled this week also. Was just too tired on Tuesday to work out at my regular 5am time so I thought I would do it later and never did. Then ended up with a head cold on Wednesday and couldn't mangage working out on Thursday. I also don't seem to lose any weight, just go up and down a few pounds. I felt really frustrated with the whole thing and I considered falling off the wagon and trying something else but, I got back to it today and went shopping for the "right" food. I really need to get a HRM to figure out what I'm burning so I know if I'm under or overeating my calories. Maybe that can help in your routine too. Either way I will stick this out until the end. If I don't reach a small goal by the end of month 1, I'm going to add on an extra week before moving on to month 2.

Stay on track and push through this tought time - - you can do this!
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    As someone who injured his knee during insanity and tried to re-start the program twice before the knee was 100% - just wait. :)

Insanity is very tough on your knees and it's difficult and frustrating to try to modify every exercise to care for your knee. In the meantime, find other physical activities that you enjoy.

good luck. :)
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    As someone who injured his knee during insanity and tried to re-start the program twice before the knee was 100% - just wait. :)

Insanity is very tough on your knees and it's difficult and frustrating to try to modify every exercise to care for your knee. In the meantime, find other physical activities that you enjoy.

good luck. :)

^this! I've been modifying a bit throughout Insanity because I have a bum knee
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I did great the first 3 weeks but it hurt me knees a lot so I backed down to 3x a week to so if it is better
  • ThinkThinForever
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice! A few exercises I improvise so I don't hurt my knee.