How often do you weigh yourself??

Options
For some reason i cant help but weigh myself EVERYDAY. It is right there at the door when i walk in the gym. I try so hard to refrain from doing this. but im always so anxious to see what it says! lol.. and i know that i would be happier if i did it only once a week because i would see a bigger difference. Especially if i do good.

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    only when I know it's gotta be down a lb or two! haha

when I was losing my first 50 lbs, Only every 6 weeks When I'd ALSO get a body comp test. I think fat % results are more accurate that weight numbers
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I weigh myself sometimes three times a day. I'm really obsessed with the scale :ohwell:
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day I'm at work. I can't help it. I don't expect to see a huge difference day to day, but I can at least make sure it's headed in the right direction. If not, I only really have to look over the last day to see why instead of thinking back over the whole week.

I only record my weight on Mondays and Fridays though.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day in the morning when I wake up. It helps keep me motivated and on track. If I go up a little, I know to drink some more water that day, etc. I don't let it drive me crazy, which is why I am able to comfortably read it every day. :smile:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself like 3 times a day. Then I threw my scale out. It drove me crazy.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day in the morning before I eat or drink anything. The thing is, I don't get bummed if I weigh more than the day before, I get motivated! And if I weigh less, well then that motivates me, too! If I was discouraged by weight fluctuations day to day, I'd probably refrain from weighing every day & only weigh once per week.
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    I also weight myself every single day. I find it is easier for me to control myself and my eating. I will continue to weigh myself everyday even though I count Wed. as my date to see if I have any weight loss. Wed. is my goal date.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I do every morning...:ohwell:
  • calvarado
    Options
    I either completely forget- or I go completely OCD and wiegh every time I walk past the scale. Doesn't help that we have one here at work, I have one at home, and I can find every scale in a 3 mile radius!!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I weight myself almost everyday.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    LOL.. well im glad im not the only one! I am not discouraged by it at all.. im like most of you. if its up a little im motivated and if its down a little im more motivated lol.. and it is easier to think of what you did wrong the day before than a whole week! I only update my ticker if i lost at least 2 lbs. but i should also do a weekly thing. seems more organized and easier to keep track of how long its been...
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I TRY to only weigh once a week in the mornings. Lately i've been weighing every day... but the norm is to weigh on Fridays with my scale... then again on Tuesdays with my scale.. then the scale at the gym to see the difference... and the scale at the gym does BMI % and all that too.
  • mommabug
    mommabug Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a slave to the scale, although I try not to be. I say I'll weight myself 1x a week, but I usually sneak in a few weigh ins during the week. My "official" weigh in day is Mondays, so I have more of a motivation to "be good" on the weekends - when I'm more likely to make some not so good choices in my food.
  • SlimSasha
    SlimSasha Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday...i find that if i try to go a week ..i get off track...it just seems to work best for me if i do it everyday to stay on track
  • jwilson56
    Options
    I do it once a week. Dr Oz just made a comment on the scale... fat weights half of what muscle does so if your start working out you could in fact increase your overall weight and still be getting smaller in size. So it is not always good to be obsessed with the scale.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week. Dr Oz just made a comment on the scale... fat weights half of what muscle does so if your start working out you could in fact increase your overall weight and still be getting smaller in size. So it is not always good to be obsessed with the scale.
    this is very very true! i was losing inches but i was not losing! lol but it was fine with me!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, too. I like to keep myself accountable. Once I lost over 30 pounds and I was doing great, I liked the way I looked and everything. But then I met my boyfriend, my scale broke, and I lost all my accountability. My pants kept getting tighter and tighter and I didn't think too much of it or see a big difference in myself (I guess love really does blind you!) But then about 6 months later I bought a scale and almost fainted to see that I had gained over 50 pounds!!! NEVER EVER again will I go without a scale...
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    once a week....same day same time....same scale
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day in the morning when I wake up. It helps keep me motivated and on track. If I go up a little, I know to drink some more water that day, etc. I don't let it drive me crazy, which is why I am able to comfortably read it every day. :smile:
    That's exactly what I do too! Great minds... :tongue:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    EVERY day, it has become another one of my mental disorders:tongue::sad: