How long until you started seeing results?

Options
I feel like I am in a rut. It's like as soon as I see some sort of result on the scale the next day it's like nothing happened. I have been working out and trying to eat right. Trust me I know this wont happen over night, but I don't even feel any better.

So I was wondering if you all could share some success stories and your experiences.

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how much you are looking to lose.

I started at 176 and it took 20 pounds for people to notice.
  • sssuuuzzz
    sssuuuzzz Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm not even looking for other people to notice. I just want to feel better about myself.
  • Ofm05
    Ofm05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It won't happen over night for sure.

Remember these things your weight will change all day long. So don't really pay to much attention to the scale.
    You don't have to diet but you should start making the better choice. Eat what you want but control how much (very important)
    Diet tend to not last at all, so make sure you eat what you want with control!!!

Workout! Biggest thing that will help you see result fast is working out!
    Even just jogging 2 miles a day will speed up your results.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am down the same amount and was thinking of posting something similar except I want people to notice:sad: I do notice in some of my pants but not enough to get new thing yet. except a pair of my what I call fatty pants I will probibly only be wearing for only about another two weeks. So that is my small progress. You can probibly see it in some of your clothes by now.
  • ekone
    ekone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wait, it says you joined in May, so you lost 6 pounds in about a month? That sounds like results to me! I guess maybe I don't understand the question.
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I'm down 15 pounds and don't feel or see any difference. A lot of the people here say that 20 pounds is when they start to really feel it so I'm really hoping to get to 20 pounds this month so I can actually feel like my hard work is paying off! My mentality is to just keep going cause it's going to have to show at some point....I hope!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Instead of using the scale to measure progress, try taking measurements. The first 3 months or so that I did this, I lost a grand total of 2 pounds (that's okay), but upwards of 10 inches. Even when the scale absolutely refused to budge for weeks, I knew that things were headed in the right direction because my measurements were getting lower all the time.
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Take pics!! I am at a plateau scale wise, losing less than a lb a week but I can see a huge difference in my progress pics! I've only lost about 18 lbs but the inches are falling off! Good luck!! :)
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I complain about this regularly. I want the MUSH to go bye bye ASAP. A dear friend of mine said to me.... Did you get mushy overnight? Ummm No.... So, you wont get firm overnight either. My follow up response was.... but I've been working out 6-7 days a week for almost 4 months now! And my dear friend said... Well, it took you a lot longer than that to get mushy right? Ummmm Yes. Well then guess you better stick it out. LOL He's brutally honest - but it's true. It's a life style change, so it's not going to be easy! But we're all going to reach our goals as long as we stick it out!
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    For me, I started really seeing the results after a month (I lost 5-6) and especially when I started strength training 2 months in (Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred jump started it). I was in a rut and had a plateau with my weight loss and strength training is what really got me out of it! Strength training WITH cardio (no more than 1 hour all together) and good eating 5 days a week is what brought on changes I could really SEE. Just work hard, put your head down and plow ahead at least 5 days a week and when you look up after a week or two- you'll be suprised! Take pix now and again in 2 or 3 weeks....I promise you won't be disappointed! Good luck!
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Instead of using the scale to measure progress, try taking measurements. The first 3 months or so that I did this, I lost a grand total of 2 pounds (that's okay), but upwards of 10 inches. Even when the scale absolutely refused to budge for weeks, I knew that things were headed in the right direction because my measurements were getting lower all the time.

Oh yeah, totally agree! I wish I would've measured at the beginning! I measured halfway thru and lost quite a few inches but I wish I knew how many inches I've lost since the beginning.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Today starts week 5 for me.. I've lost 20 lbs so far and the ONLY difference I can tell is my calf muscles are looking good, and I'm down a pants size.. =( It makes me worry a little bit that I'm never going to see results.. just give it time. I read a quote on the 12 week challenge I found on here... This is what I keep telling myself::

It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, ---> My leg muscles.
    8 weeks for your friends to notice, ---> Haven't got there yet. ;)
    and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.
    Give it 12 weeks
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i've lost 18 pounds and I'm only just noticing a difference. Several people this week have mentioned something too, so that's nice. it's been 3 months since i started watching what i eat and working our regularly.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Today starts week 5 for me.. I've lost 20 lbs so far and the ONLY difference I can tell is my calf muscles are looking good, and I'm down a pants size.. =(

You don't call being down a pant size results?

To the OP - According to your ticker, you don't have a lot to lose, so it will likely come off slowly, or you won't see visible results right away. That said, 6lbs in a month is fantastic for anyone!

Also, is what you're doing conducive to losing weight, or losing body fat? If you're just eating "right" or "healthy," and not exercising, or if all of your exercising is cardio, then you might not get the results you want. That close to your goal, you might want to look into body composition, and consider fitting in some strength training. There are a lot of girls on here who do things like power lift, and they rave about losing inches and overall looking and feeling better. It's worth checking out.
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. I lost 5 pounds the first week, but I'm sure most of it was water! Since then I've lost 25 more, but I want to lose a total of 50-55. I'm averaging about a pound a week since then. I"m kind of expecting it to start slowing down, even though I don't want it too!

I didn't take measurements at first and I wish I had, but I can tell by my pants that I've lost quite a few inches in my waist. The first place I noticed it was my face and neck, look back at pictures and take some now to look at later.

Another thing that I could tell fairly soon was how much better the bath towell fit around me after the shower!

Keep it up! You've lost 25% of what you want already!
  • MandaKingie
    MandaKingie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo happy I'm not the only impatient one here! But... after reading everyone's success stories and seeing that people have been at this for quite some time, I realized that this ISN'T an overnight process. We have to be in this for the long haul if we truly want to SEE results. I think one the hardest things about trying to lose weight is coming to terms with the amount of time it's going to take to actually melt away the lbs.

Soo.. with that being said, I took my first BEFORE picture and can't wait for a couple months down the road to take that AFTER shot :o)

We will ALL see results eventually if we keep this up :o)
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Im 70 days into P90X - started at 200lbs currently at 187lbs. With my body the lowest I would be able to get is probably about 175ish. I started seeing physical changes at about 30 days, currently I have no pants that are even close to fitting, I am going to have to replace my belts soon as well, and people started telling me that I have lost a ton of weight.
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Most of the "results" I have seen have not been on the scale. I have been eating healthier and working out and in the last 8 months lost 20 lbs - BUT I feel because of including excercise in that it's much more of a victory. I feel I look as good at 140lbs now as I did at 132 ish when i didn't exercise (about 4 years ago).

DOn't give up - the scale isn't the only measurement that counts!!
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I complain about this regularly. I want the MUSH to go bye bye ASAP. A dear friend of mine said to me.... Did you get mushy overnight? Ummm No.... So, you wont get firm overnight either. My follow up response was.... but I've been working out 6-7 days a week for almost 4 months now! And my dear friend said... Well, it took you a lot longer than that to get mushy right? Ummmm Yes. Well then guess you better stick it out. LOL He's brutally honest - but it's true. It's a life style change, so it's not going to be easy! But we're all going to reach our goals as long as we stick it out!

Thanks for posting this!! I needed to hear that! I am struggling with the SAME issue and its reassuring to hear/see this. I've been (semi) consistent since Jan and have only lost 6lbs and even that's been a struggle. Thank you.
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You have lost 6 pounds since May. That is good progress. When I started, I set a goal of 1 pound per week. I have been doing this for 22 weeks and have lost 22 pounds. Sure, I would like to have it happen faster, but I feel that the slow loss means it's gone for good. after all, it didn't go on overnight, and it will not go away overnight. I fully expect it to take a full year and a half or so to reach my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!