New and clueless!

Options
Hello! I started myfitnesspal a few weeks ago to make sure I would actually stick to it! Now that I'm a few weeks in I feel that I finally found something easy enough to use on a day-to-day basis. I want to lose weight but I find that I am uneducated when it comes to correct exercises and techniques and also when it comes to finding truly healthy foods. I hope that these message boards will help me with these weak areas and help motivate me to finally lose all of this weight!

Replies

• aroby001
    aroby001 Posts: 16
    Options
    It's great you've decided to take a step forward and improve your health and appearance. Since you're saying you don't know much about exercises and good food, I would advise you to start with programs such as p90x If you want to lift some weights, because they give you directions on how to do so. However, if you are planning on just going more for cardio workouts, you can whether go to a close gym, jog for about 45 minutes, and so forth.

On the other hand always try to make the best choices out of whole foods, meaning whole wheat everything, oats, brown rice and sugar, a lot of fish and poultry, reduce the meat, try not to eat from cans, and drink tons of water. Let me know If you have any questions or the why of what I've said :)
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you need any help just post it and someone will get back to you. Good Luck!!!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Welcome, the message boards have a wealth of info. Wish you the best of luck.

Sadly I found the search feature on the forums to be rubbish. Alot of awesome topics have been discussed already. Just use Google and use this tag "site:myfitnesspal.com/forums" and it'll help so much.
  • nfaulkner1
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful advice!