At Work

Options
I work at a video store and am constantly walking around returning movies to the shelves. Do I enter that as part of exercise or does that just count as daily calories burned? If I do enter it, how would I go about doing that? Thanks!!!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You have 2 choices - up your actvity level to something above sedentary OR add this as exercise. Some people track steps on a pedometer & convert them to miles.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I would think that is more of a lifestyle than exercise.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I would just take it as bonus and not bother logging it.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    I agree. It would probably be better to go to your settings (top of page) and update your diet profile to slightly active or active.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    For me, my exercise is anything above and beyond what I do in a normal day, unless it gets my heart rate up. You could do the pedometer and see about converting, it may be worth it. However, I look at it like if it's the stuff I've been doing right along and I still need to lose weight then it's probably not much in the form of exercise for my body.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I agree with Amyhoss : )
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I would also look at is as your daily lifestyle. I dont count any excersize unless I am making a point to excersize......Any extra excersize you do while cleaning, walking when your working, walking to your car, ect I dont count. I just look at it as extra excersize and less calories to eat.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options

Totally agree!
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have to walk around a lot at my job as well. I work in an older hotel that isn't laid out very well since it's been added onto many times. I don't log that but I do log my walk between the parking structure and work. I also log walking the dog.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It should be figured into your overall activity level in your profile.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Same opinon as the others, I would make sure that you count your walking at work as your lifestyle( so mild active instead of sedentary) or if your lifestyle is sedentary than log it is exercise :-)
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

^ This
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, but I also know that it helped me to put a pedometer on at work to keep me motivated to move when I really just want to sit. I don't count it as exercise, but I do try to get to 10,000+ steps a day.
  • richardsangel
    richardsangel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the advice. I was previously a stay at home mom who just went back to work after having a baby 5 months ago. I will just increase my activity level in my profile. Thanks again.