wholewheat pasta & pesto... gym?

Options
I'm planning on going to the gym at 8 tonight to get some cardio and strength training in and I've just had 100g wholewheat pasta with 40g basil pesto and its come in around 450 cals but I was just wondering people's thoughts on whether this is an ok meal to have before doing exercise. I'm leaving 90 minutes before doin the exercise which I think is the recommended amount of time but I'm just curious of what you all think?

:heart: Emma

Replies

• zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Where do you live? We will all come over and help you eat it. LOL
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    ?

do u think that portion is way too much or sumthing?
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    It just sounded really tasty.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I agree with zebras!! Sound yummy!!

I think you'll probably be okay. If for some reason you feel sick, you'll know for next time.
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    oh right haha thanks :smile:

yeah i was more just wondering what you think about having a high amount of carbs in the evening, before exercise (meal came out at 68g carbs)
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    Excellent choice IMHO, and you're working out after waiting 90 min - what could be better!?

Hank :glasses:

38 lost
    29 togo
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    hehe thanks, I've just heard that the bulk of your carbs for the day should be in Breakfast and Lunch? but I'm glad you all think it's not that bad :wink:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It just sounded really tasty.

:laugh: :laugh: You crack me up.
  • vctkell
    vctkell Posts: 41
    Options
    You should be fine, just might sweat a little more than usual. Have fun ! :flowerforyou:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It's fine, you know yourself best
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    sounds yummy, think I add a salad and have it for supper.:smile::wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. I usually give myself an hour between eating and doing exercise.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Great choice.
    Yes they say to eat carbs earlier in the day because you will burn them off during the day.

They also say to eat carbs before you go workout, gives you more energy for the workout.
    Enjoy, and get a good workout.

I've had whole wheat pasta and pesto, Yumm Yumm, Also I've thrown in a few pieces of cooked chicken, some veggies.
    If you feel that 100g of pasta was too much, split it up into two meals.