Bee pollen

Options
Anybody hear take bee pollen? If so, why, and what results do you see?

Replies

• imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No but I have read that eating locally grown honey can help with allergies.
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    Thats why I am taking it, just found some at our local farmers market. I have heard other benefits also and wondered if anyone had experienced any.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have'nt heard of "taking bee pollen". You mean like a pill?

I've heard that the honey thing works, but only if you are using local honey in which the bees are producing it from your local plants that generate the allergens.
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    Nope, its not a pill. Its the little balls of pollen that the bees collect on their legs. It is local, I do use raw honey but it isnt local.
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't take bee pollen in a capsule but I do buy local honey and use it in my tea. I find it helps with allergies and cuts back my sugar cravings through the day when I drink in my tea in the morning.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Nope, its not a pill. Its the little balls of pollen that the bees collect on their legs. It is local, I do use raw honey but it isnt local.

I guess it could help in that case. If part of the pollen comes from the plants that you are actually allergic, too.
  • mabuster
    mabuster Posts: 1
    Options
    You can actually buy bee pollen in gelatin capsules. Pharmacies and health food stores carry it. You just take the capsule like a vitamin. Not sure if they do anything for weight loss but I, too, have heard it helps with allergies.