Tuna Melt (4 servings)

ZuzanaFan
ZuzanaFan Posts: 47
edited September 20 in Recipes
Two 5 ounces canned Albacore tuna in water, drained
3 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro (coriander)
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Dash of hot sauce (optional)
4 slices whole-wheat bread or 2 Sala Lee Hearty & Delicious 100% Whole Wheat hamburger Buns, toasted
4 slices of tomato
8 tablespoons mexican style shredded cheese

Preparation
1. Toast buns
2. Preheat broiler.
3. Combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, pepper and hot sauce in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast or 1/2 bun top or bottom; top with one tomato slice each and 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on a tin foiled covered baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. And serve.

Calories have been added to the food bank. Just type in Tuna Melt (4 servings). Each serving is 188 calories. Just make sure that when you enter each serving, that for one melt you enter .25 servings, for 2 tuna melts enter .50, 3 tuna melts is .75 servings and 4 tuna melts is 1 since the recipe is entered for 4 total sandwich servings.

Replies

• Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Thanks! My husband loves tuna caserol, and I refuse to make it (hello dieting!!) but I think he'll enjoy this!
    Thanks again.
  • n8e96
    n8e96 Posts: 3
    Hi, I made this it was great !! How many calories is each slice of whole wheat bread? I had to use a different bread...Thanks !!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I was making my grocery list (on the cheap, I'm broke!!), and realized that I have all these ingredients at home or already on the list. Thank you for another dinner idea!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hello n8e96,

For the calories in whole wheat bread, it appears that each slice, no matter the brand is 120 calories per slice. As for the Buns that I used in the recipe, each bun (top and bottom) is 220 calories, so there really isnt much difference. If you decided to only eat one part of a bun, it would actually be 10 aclories less then one slice of bread. Hope this helps.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    bump
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Sounds really good, I've been eating a lot of tuna lately!
This discussion has been closed.