Eat Healthy; Get Fit; Lose 100+ New Group 10/28-11/1

Options

Replies

• steph1499
    Options
    I need to lose 125 and am starting with losing 50 by march 2010. Im Calorie counting and walking at least 3 times a week twice a day so I end up walking an hour a day. Im glad to hear and meet others like me who dont need to lose 20 pounds but over 100.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi, I weigh in on Fridays but would be willing to weigh in on anyday you all decide
  • tthamlett
    Options
    I would like to join. My name is Tamberly. Currently I am just watching my calorie intake , drinking water and walking. Any helpful ideas please let me know. I have about 140lbs that I would like to loose. So can you tell me out this team thing work in full details.
    Thanks
    Tamberly

278207.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • tthamlett
    Options
    I would also like to add that when I joined in September I failed to start it because of personal situations. Now i am ready
  • ChefJeremyC
    Options
    i weigh in bi-weekly on mondays or wednsdays
  • HealthyMom4MyKids
    Options
    So what do you guys and gals want from this group? Do you want to just have a place to come and chat about how things are going or do you want some challenges? Let me know and please make suggestions.

Kim
  • ChefJeremyC
    Options
    A place to chat isn't bad a few challenges here and there are a great Idea.I just dont like the weighin' in every week thing if you do it every other week or every 3rd week you see better results and you know what worked for you and what didnt.

As for my story...LOL

Wellin the begging of this year I weighed in at 630-635lbs.Now keep in mind I have not weighed myself in over 8 or 9 years.I was unable to walk for more than 5 mins at a time or stand for any period of time.My family life was non exsistant, my kids were growing up infront of me but wasnt in my life my wife was on the verge of leaving me because i wasunable to do or show any feelings towards any1, in a word I was an "ogre" no feelings of love or wanting to live.On more than one occassion I tried to take my life.

Finaaly I had enough! In January 2009 I went to see a nutrionist and a Dr. that specialized in gastric bypass surgery.For insurance purposes I had to do 6 months of nutrional theray and lose 45 lbs before surgery.
    Once a month i would go see the nutrionest for a check up always losing between 15- 20lbs/month.When my surgery came around in July i had lost 115lbs.

Now i am down just over 200lbs,and still losing.

In order for any1 to be succesful at anything, you must first fail then see how that made you feel i know I gained when I was on here 4-5lbs when i went on vacation and i hated thatand now i am back on track and will never go back to where i was.

Tips for you guys just watch what you do,every1 is different. Find something that works for you.I work out 3 times aday and eat 800 - 900 calories a day and i feel great but make sure you get enough of what you need.

I have great low cal low fat low carb recipies if want any and above all I will be here to support you in any way that I can.

If I Can do it any one can!!

Surgery was not an answer to my problem but more of a tool to help me live.
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    jeremy...you are AMAZING and INSPRIRING! what an accomplishment for you! thank you for sharing your story! keep up the great work!

-charity
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    A place to chat isn't bad a few challenges here and there are a great Idea.I just dont like the weighin' in every week thing if you do it every other week or every 3rd week you see better results and you know what worked for you and what didnt.

As for my story...LOL

Wellin the begging of this year I weighed in at 630-635lbs.Now keep in mind I have not weighed myself in over 8 or 9 years.I was unable to walk for more than 5 mins at a time or stand for any period of time.My family life was non exsistant, my kids were growing up infront of me but wasnt in my life my wife was on the verge of leaving me because i wasunable to do or show any feelings towards any1, in a word I was an "ogre" no feelings of love or wanting to live.On more than one occassion I tried to take my life.

Finaaly I had enough! In January 2009 I went to see a nutrionist and a Dr. that specialized in gastric bypass surgery.For insurance purposes I had to do 6 months of nutrional theray and lose 45 lbs before surgery.
    Once a month i would go see the nutrionest for a check up always losing between 15- 20lbs/month.When my surgery came around in July i had lost 115lbs.

Now i am down just over 200lbs,and still losing.

In order for any1 to be succesful at anything, you must first fail then see how that made you feel i know I gained when I was on here 4-5lbs when i went on vacation and i hated thatand now i am back on track and will never go back to where i was.

Tips for you guys just watch what you do,every1 is different. Find something that works for you.I work out 3 times aday and eat 800 - 900 calories a day and i feel great but make sure you get enough of what you need.

I have great low cal low fat low carb recipies if want any and above all I will be here to support you in any way that I can.

If I Can do it any one can!!

Surgery was not an answer to my problem but more of a tool to help me live.

Jeremy, your weight loss astounds me! How wonderful for you, and what an inspiration you'll be for us all! I, too, am in the midst of a 6 month program for weight loss surgery- only I'm hoping for the LAP band as opposed to gastric bypass. I just began my sixth week working under the supervision of a dietician, and she's helping me to focus on things I've never bothered with during my past weight-loss attempts.

I'm excited to get to know you and share your journey with you! Thanks for sharing your story. :bigsmile:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    So what do you guys and gals want from this group? Do you want to just have a place to come and chat about how things are going or do you want some challenges? Let me know and please make suggestions.

Kim

Personally, all I need is a place to meet others who know what I'm going through. Occasional challenges sound like fun, and maybe weekly weigh-ins (though I think if individuals would rather not weigh in on that particular day or even that particular week they should be allowed to use the numbers from their most recent weigh in.) All in all, I'm just looking for support and am hoping to be able to help others along the way.
  • Shelley130
    Options

Kim

Personally, all I need is a place to meet others who know what I'm going through. Occasional challenges sound like fun, and maybe weekly weigh-ins (though I think if individuals would rather not weigh in on that particular day or even that particular week they should be allowed to use the numbers from their most recent weigh in.) All in all, I'm just looking for support and am hoping to be able to help others along the way.

Ditto :smile:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

Kim

Ditto :smile:

I like challenges cause they could be fun. I think we should have an assigned weigh in day once week but if anyone doesn't want to do that than they obviously don't have to.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello!! I'm Shawn!!!

I would love to be a part of your group!!! I also have about 100 lbs to lose and i'm struggling with it GREATLY!!! I started on here in Feb plus I go to a nutritionist (have been for about 1 year) and the most I can get off is about 20 lbs. But I need to lose lots more. I've decided to start back weighing my food out, its a chore but it might help me tighten up my eating.

I don't mind doing weigh ins. Its up to the group. I agree that weigh ins can seem a bit intimidating especially when everyone's losing but you...

Jeremy your weight loss story is soooo awesome!!! Congrats and keep up the great work!!!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I also don't mind the challenges. They don't have to be every week though. Right now I'm doing the 100 push up challenge if anyone wants to join me we have a forum set up. I'll get you the link to us...

It's pretty easy to do and it only takes a few minutes. I know some people on there are also doing the 200 sit ups challenge and the 200 squats challenge, but I'm not doing all of that.
  • willowbee4me
    willowbee4me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a supportive group! I too would probably benefit from a few challenges. Right now I am challenging myself to eat well and exercise to get the weight off. I have lost only 10 lbs of the 130 lbs needed but already that 10 lbs has made a world of difference on my knees.
    I am going to continue with the tracking of my calories on MFP and exercising at home (now that rainy season is here) with my walk away the pounds dvd.
    I see a lady on Sparkpeople managed to lose 60lbs just doing the dvd's and diet.
    I'm glad I have people along with me on this journey!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I think some of the challenges are great. It is a motivation. As for the day of the week we weigh in or how often I think that is a personal choice. I personally weigh in on Fridays and I say how much I lost, I am just not ready to post my exact weight. I also think that chatting with people who are going through a simular struggle is sooooooo helpful. It may be hard for someone to lose 20 pounds but they cannot relate to someone who needs to lose 20 times 5. To have a group that understands that, is huge. :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyMom4MyKids
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I wasn't on earlier today. I had a funeral to go to, my kids had a halloween dress up party at storytime at our library, and I had a parent/teacher conference with my son at school. Whew! Busy day!

It seems like Fridays are the most popular weigh in date. I normally weigh in on Mondays, but kinda like the idea of Fridays. Sometimes events happen on the weekend where you may eat more than you normally would and then to weigh in on Monday can be a slap in the face if you gain weight even though some may be water weight, kwim??? Everybody can still weigh whichever day they are used to, but for the group why don't we try Fridays. Does everyone know what day tomorrow is???? Post your weight!!!!

So which kind of challenges are you interested in?? Water, exercise, etc.

Please know that I started this group, but it is OUR group. Please do not hesitate to start a challenge or anything else that you like. I hope in time that we get to know each other better. I am really looking forward to this.

Kim
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I wasn't on earlier today. I had a funeral to go to, my kids had a halloween dress up party at storytime at our library, and I had a parent/teacher conference with my son at school. Whew! Busy day!

It seems like Fridays are the most popular weigh in date. I normally weigh in on Mondays, but kinda like the idea of Fridays. Sometimes events happen on the weekend where you may eat more than you normally would and then to weigh in on Monday can be a slap in the face if you gain weight even though some may be water weight, kwim??? Everybody can still weigh whichever day they are used to, but for the group why don't we try Fridays. Does everyone know what day tomorrow is???? Post your weight!!!!

So which kind of challenges are you interested in?? Water, exercise, etc.

Please know that I started this group, but it is OUR group. Please do not hesitate to start a challenge or anything else that you like. I hope in time that we get to know each other better. I am really looking forward to this.

Kim

I'm gonna regret saying this, but I'm voting for a water challenge- if not now then sometime in the near future. I've been actively losing weight for six weeks now and not one day have I even tried to drink a full bottle of water, much less the minimum requirement. I know I'll do good with it after a few days of forcing myself to pay attention, but getting started on those first couple of days is so hard. So, maybe a challenge would be just the thing.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Yes, I need a water challenge I have been lacking in that department for about 2 weeks.
  • Shelley130
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!

:happy: First Weigh-In :happy:

10/30/09 ~ Shelley ~ 226

If you want everyone can cut and paste each others totals so we end up with one post with ALL the totals.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou: