plateaued?

Options
124»

Replies

• xxzimmer
    xxzimmer Posts: 37
    Options
    If he stays within his calories for the day, it shouldn't matter really.

It does if fat calories are excessive, simple carbs, crappy protiens, etc. I can eat McD's all day and stay within my daily calorie limit, but Im not gonna lose much weight.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-892Y6-gyiUQ_pDwkcDHxrfVnGeMDn9ZRxV51ohUOEowlUd9A
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

It does if fat calories are excessive, simple carbs, crappy protiens, etc. I can eat McD's all day and stay within my daily calorie limit, but Im not gonna lose much weight.

Hmm your expertise is undeniable, I see you have been here awhile!
  • xxzimmer
    Options

Hmm your expertise is undeniable, I see you have been here awhile!

Oh, wow. Genius.
  • BrionaLoree
    Options
    potaisum pills may help
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    To the OP!

Try and eat better but also try and take a break from the working out because it does catch up to you, I ate takeout saturday, sunday and Monday this week for all 3 meals and lost 2lbs. It's not a healthy thing to do but I was in a hotel and thats life sometimes. Just remember don't listen to everyone on this forum since a lot of people have no clue what they are talking about!
  • juwan24
    juwan24 Posts: 27
    Options
    I would highly recommend checking out the group here on MFP -- Eat More to Weigh Less. They have articles on plateaus, why are bodies hit them and how to move beyond them. They also provide a lot of great information on BMR, TDEE, etc which explains a lot about how our bodies work.

I have considered changing the goal to 1.5# instead of 2#/wk but I wanted to get a bit lower first. My goal still sits at just over 1650, most of what i had seen of the whole EMWL group were people that had been given goals closer to 1200.

Bump this up to 1800-2000 for a week and you'll see a change. The amount of exercise you're doing needs more energy to work. I'm 6'3 240(started at 275) and had a couple weeks in the middle of it where my number just didn't move and turned out I was cutting even below my budget thinking I didn't need it.

My understanding of the program is that technically you're supposed to eat back your workout calories, although I've never eaten them all back, but days when I work out harder I do usually eat a few hundred above my goal.

That's my advice, with the amount of exercise you're doing, I'd go with 2000 for the next week, worst case scenario you'll still see a zero, but I'd be surprised if you still did. The body needs energy to keep up with out increased exercise
  • ralexander82
    ralexander82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    After all the negative comments on our family's diet I tried to figure out something healthy to eat for lunch. I had small light things for breakfast and a good workout this morning. As I contemplated what to eat I nearly passed out from lack of food. Clearly that is not healthy. So we had Pizza and at least I am still conscious. People need to be less critical.

Open you diary so we can take a peek.

It's open take a look, btw I'm down from around 172, but didn't start even looking at my calories until I was down to 150. Now I'm at 137. Nice if yours was open too.
  • xxzimmer
    Options
    Um, it is open.
  • ralexander82
    ralexander82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sorry I figured it out, haven't looked at other people's diaries before, just been concerned with my own.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Maybe late, but this is correct. Calories are not enough if they are not giving the right kind of vitamins for your body to produce the enzymes needed to work efficiently. If your body is only burning proteins for energy because you are giving it nothing but fat in your diet (in which case why would it go to the much harder to use fat stores in your body) then you are double defeating yourself. A high fat diet will not help you lose fat.