Support from older women

Options
I'm in the older age range than many on this message board.
I would be interested in learning how the over 50+ are doing. I'm in my 60's.
I have to consider surgery, knee replacement for both knees.
I did a liquid diet about 5 years ago through a hospital program and lost all the weight I wanted to. I kept it off for about 1 1/2 years and felt great. Once I went back to my old eating habits and love of chocolate..I've gained it all back. I'm very disappointed in myself and I don't know how I could let that happen.

Replies

• rowanctg2
    rowanctg2 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm also in my 60s, you can add me if you like
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: There are a lot of us over at the topic WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2012

Barbie keeps it going for us every month, you will find lots of support from those of us that are in that age group. So pop on over and I will be looking for you there.

Laura80111:smile:
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hi im only 46 nearly 47 in aug , ive had to operations shoulder surgery and foot surgery reconstruction and excision i have rhemautoid arthritis had since i was 30 had foot op in jan this year and still off sick im not very mobile myself but im getting stronger again , i stopped smoking 1 and half years ago and put nearly 2stone on and with foot op didn help im back on track agin i thin k and ive lost 1 stone im still over weight say 2 stone ide say but im trying with the food tracker and doing some exercise , so i understand where ur coming from and as we get older is harder to lose as we r not as active at all x:flowerforyou:
  • garnet56
    garnet56 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm also 65 and have recently joined MFP, it seems getting older makes it harder to loose weight. Add me as a friend if you want to.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I there. I am in my 60's. Please add me if you like. My galpals are the best!. :)
  • Nana_25
    Nana_25 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 60 and this is my first day to post anything. Looking forward to losing weight with age group. Add me to your friend list
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 60 this year. It is hard to lose the weight, but it can be done. Just make a lot of MFP Buddies on this site. It really helps. :smile:
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    Add me if you want lost 70lbs stalled then joined, working on last 20lbs. 54 y.o
  • pananny
    pananny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 60's too. I joined TOPS 3 years ago on July 9. I weighed 239 and I'd been there forever. I have a bad left knee and that was one of the reasons I joined. I felt the difference in my knee after losing the first 10 pounds. I have lost 30+ pounds and feel really good. I've been just maintaining for the past few months and I'm ready for some serious losing again. I think that my fitness pal is going to be a great help. It's been five years since they told me I had to have my knee replaced. It feels best if I exercise on my stationery bike and get the muscles strengthened. I'm now TOPS leader. I started my weight loss program by eating 1700 calories a day. The weight literally fell off. I was also exercising moderately. I'm on 1300 calories now that I've lost and I want to get going on more loss.
    Hang in there and get serious. You'll feel so good when those clothes you buy are much smaller sizes!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and find, like the rest of you, that most groups are geared to the "younger" people. The thought of a group for more "mature" people sounds super! I have been on MFP for about 2 months and am doing well with it. I have lost 128 pounds in the last two years and am feeling great. Even though I am getting close to my goal, I think that I will continue to utilize MFP as a resource tool to maintain! This is a great place for support and encouragement.
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    I am 56. I love this site and I love to exercise. Good luck. Add me if you want to.:happy:
  • laurynmcl
    laurynmcl Posts: 13
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I am 57 and have had extra weight for most of my adult life. I am working on changing my eating habits, by recording everything I put in my mouth, not eating to deal with emotionswith food and getting 60 minutes of some kind of exercise every day. I think activity is the trick and planning meals around protein and veggies. Keep trying - one hour at a time and use the support you will find in this community.

10293248.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pambaldwin
    pambaldwin Posts: 18
    Options
    I will be 60 next month. Have been doing MFP for about 3+ years. You may add me if you like.