Can Xtra calories be saved for later use???

Options
Hello Everyone
I have plans to go out to eat for my anniversary tomorrow. I am on a 1200 calorie per day program right now....so if i eat up 3000 calories in one day will my extra calories that i had left over the rest of the week offset that?? I usually try to burn off what i eat over my 1200 the same day, but to burn that many calories in one day may be too much for me. What do you guys think???

Replies

• MyLivelyBones
    MyLivelyBones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would say yes/no. Yes because you've been lowballing your cals for a bit so a little indulgence isn't going to kill. But no because, realistically, you should still learn to watch how much you eat while out, even on an anniversary dinner. Maybe eat half your entree and only a nibble or two of dessert? No one says you can't eat it, but you don't need to go overboard and clear off nine plates, either.
  • juwan24
    juwan24 Posts: 27
    Options
    in my experience, I always pay more attention to the week not the days. You cna have a bad day and succeed, just don' thave a bad week.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm with juwan24 on this one. Average your calories by the week, it's what you do over time that causes true fat loss.
  • WilliamD80
    WilliamD80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    in my experience, I always pay more attention to the week not the days. You cna have a bad day and succeed, just don' thave a bad week.

I do this as well as I do have lighter days of eating. Enjoy your anniversary dinner and try your best to eat smart. 1 roll instead of two. spit a desert with your SO. All the little things add up. I never really give myself a "blank check" to eat but, I tend to be more liberal some days. Whatever you do don't fret over it and pick back up the next day.
  • Young28
    Young28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo much guys. You have all been a great help.:smile:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Be careful to store them in airtight Tupperware, "burping" the lid when closing it, to seal them in.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...they can't, however, be shared with friends. *kicks rock*
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I too am a fan of the "go by the week" method. Some days I just don't eat enough, so I let myself go a little over on other days. As long as you're at a deficit of 3500 calories per week, you'll still lose a pound that week! Enjoy your dinner :)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    If you have been doing 1200 cals a day for a while now with no cheat days, then one big meal will probably do you some good.
    I had a very nice dinner out for my anniversary. One day wont hurt your goals.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you eat a lot one day, you will be heavier the next... your body isnt going to balance out a heavy calorie day because you "saved" calories from previous days. Instead of eating less to make up for it, exercise more. Many people monitor their weight & caloric intake weekly which is best for these type of situations. It's your anniversary - Enjoy it!
  • p1nsta
    p1nsta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, depends on what you eat. Your body stores fats, carbohydrates, and proteins all differently!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you eat a lot one day, you will be heavier the next... your body isnt going to balance out a heavy calorie day because you "saved" calories from previous days. Instead of eating less to make up for it, exercise more. Many people monitor their weight & caloric intake weekly which is best for these type of situations. It's your anniversary - Enjoy it!
    You'll be heavier the next day until you poop. You won't gain weight overnight because you ate more than usual. Your body absolutely DOES balance it out.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes, go ahead and eat more for this one day that comes around once a year. But in order to avoid heartache, don't weigh yourself until 3 days after your binge.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, go ahead and eat more for this one day that comes around once a year. But in order to avoid heartache, don't weigh yourself until 3 days after your binge.
    Really, we're going to call a planned celebration meal a binge? Don't do that.
  • Young28
    Young28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot for all advice.:wink:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Please stop with the nonsense.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Really, we're going to call a planned celebration meal a binge? Don't do that.

Why? It is a short period devoted to indulging in an activity.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You'll be heavier the next day until you poop. You won't gain weight overnight because you ate more than usual. Your body absolutely DOES balance it out.

:flowerforyou: Brilliant!
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Definitely look at your total for the week. And ENJOY your special meal! It's okay to go off the diet for a day once in a while, as long as it really is only once in a while and not every weekend.