STAY AT HOME MOMS

Options
Hi im a mommy of 3 ages 7,4,10 months and am having trouble fitting in excercise.So if you would please share your shedule.Im also having trouble figuring out healthy easy lunches so please share :)))

Replies

• BorderMommy
    Options
    I'm super lucky to have a local gym with a nursery, so that solves my workout issues. Prior to that I dropped my older one of at school and then went for a run with my little one in jogging stroller. When that didn't work I would pop in a exercise video. My little one finds them funny and often joins in.

As for lunches I struggle with this one and often fall back on frozen meals, or premade salads from Trader Joe's. A favorite Sandwich of ours is a whole grain bread, with a triangle of Laughing cow cheese, 1/4 of an avocado, and 2 oz of turkey. My little one begs for this. I would eat leftover dinner, but my Husband has dibs on those to take to work.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I either do it early (just after breakfast) or just after lunch.

A quick easy lunch in our house is a turkey sandwich, yogurt, and a piece of fruit (apples or banana)
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am using the Herbalife shakes to make sure I have something healthy and stay full during the day, I just don't have the time or energy to plan or prepare filling and healthy meals during the day. I would never succeed with 4 under 6!

I also workout at our local YMCA and they have free childcare for 2 hrs a day!
  • brwneyedirish813
    brwneyedirish813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I only have one child and thats sometimes hectic enough schedule wise. What i do with my daughter is play soccer or frisbee with her outside. Get her involved but at the same time im working out also. And when my husband gets home. I ask for an hour for me, to either run walk or do whatever id like. Sometimes i push her n the stroller & go for a walk as well. As far as meals I always keep fresh produce in the house. My daughter loves bananas, strawberries, cantalope, butter beans. She grazies a lot but on healthy stuff. :D Hope this helps!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    My two are 4 and 18 months.
    Everyday I workout when my son is napping. The time changes daily, but I get ready in my workout clothes so I can start right when I put him down.
    Some days my daughter is in school on non school days I put on a movie for her in the other room. I do this everyday. Finding time for myself to workout is very important to me.
    For lunches I normally have a sandwich. I will hard boil eggs in the morning to have egg salad for lunch. Or I have my husband grill extra chicken breasts on Sunday and chop it up and use it for salads or sandwiches during the week.
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of a 7,6 and a 7 month old. I go to a gym that has a child center and if I can't get to the gym, I do my workout while the baby is sleeping or I bring him to where ever I am going to workout and have my daughters play with him until I am done. Sometimes it means that the laundry or cleaning has to wait.
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM of 3 as well. I have a 6 year old, 4 year old, and 2 year old. I either work out around 9:30 am while my two that are home have a snack or I work out around 1 pm when they're down for their naps. For lunch I usually make a protein like pork or chicken and fry it in a pan on the stove with a little olive oil and some sort of veggie. Sometimes it's roasted cabbage, sometimes it's a salad, pretty much whatever I have on hand. I personally have to avoid carbs like bread, so I can't have sandwiches.
  • Calliesmom1
    Options
    Its really hard. I lend heavily on nap time...but sometime it gets filled with cleaning. So i struggle. My husband (soon to be) takes the kids in the afternoon sometimes. I also invested in a stationary bike. Its great! my 1 yr old plays on a blanket with toys and my oldests watches cartoon while i bike. Lunches are hard too. Some days i just make two different lunches. But grilled cheese with ham is good. Its got a carb diary and protien. Throw some carrots on the side and you r go to go. :)
  • jfernandez10
    Options
    I work out in the am before hubby goes to work. I get in a 45 min bootcamp class and am home before he leaves to work. It's nice becuase I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

As for lunch I usually do a turkey sandwich or a whole wheat wrap with whatever protein i have and veggies.
  • Candy42adore
    Candy42adore Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have 4 and understand the struggle! I wake up earlier to get a workout in or walk my 2 yr old to sleep in the evenings. With food keep it simple. Protien helps keep my tummy full and pre packaged frozen meals help when Im starving or in a rush. you can friend me so you can view my meals. GOOD LUCK!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I have an insane schedule, but thank God for motor vehicles. I have 4 kids, 14, 10, 8 and 4. My husband is often out the door by 445 am. I often have more than 1 type of workout in a day.

You just have to jam it in when you can. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. I have to review my schedule every night, bc every day it changes. I make sure I have everyone's lunch packed, know what I'm cooking for dinner and what I need at the grocery, pack and take my snacks, change of clothes if necessary. I keep a gym bag in the car with cycling gear, another bag with dance shoes, and I keep protein bars in the glove box. I also always have about 23 bottles of water in there (my husband cracks up every time he looks in my car).

I try to minimize driving back and forth, so combine quick stops at the store in between the gym and school or the dance studio.

I work out 6 or 7 days; any combo of teaching spin or dance, cycling, powerlifting, or paddleboarding. Since you have a baby, you are more limited; but you can do it. I have worked out 6 days a week consistently for about 8.5 years now. How I manage it has changed over the years. Sometimes I worked out at home or after my husband got home, or dropped the kids in childwatch.

I am getting more freedom now with a 14 year old who can babysit and my 4 year old in preschool 3 days.

BUT SCHOOL'S OUT NEXT WEEK -- AACK!

This was today:

545 - up
    700 - #1 out the door
    745 - drop #2 and 3 to school
    815 - drop #4 to preschool
    900 - teach spin class; take shower at gym
    1100 - rush to elementary for 15-minute award presentation
    1200 - rush to dance studio to teach Waltz class
    100 - pick up #2 and 3, and neighbor kid from school (I was late; they get out at 1245 on Fridays
    230 - #2 and 3 piano lessons (hit grocery store while they're in there)
    400 - pick up #4, and home (#1 got a ride home).
    now I'm on the computer, but later:
    545 - #3 to xma demo team practice
    800 - hubby and I are going out to see a friend"s band -- not too late; I have a dance class to teach at 815 am.

Planning is key. Making it a habit is next. Good luck, you can do it!

blessings.
  • sueannerojas
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old and my baby will be two in a couple of weeks. I get up at 6am and hit the gym before my husband leaves for work at 7:30. That gives me time to work out and shower before he goes. I am not a morning person but that is the ONLY time I can consistently go, and I go 6 days/week. We have an on-site gym at our complex so it makes it rather easy just to trot across the parking lot in the morning. :)
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you've got anyone in your support network who can watch your kids a couple of times a week, find a class (Zumba, spinning, whatever), and make it as important a part of your schedule as getting your kids to school. When you have that time set aside specifically for your workouts, and that group of people who will notice your absence when you're not there, it's a lot easier to keep it as a top priority.