Booze - What's the most DECENT diet friendly drinks?

Options
I know alcohol hinders my weight loss, BIG TIME, even my personal trainer says that I work out like an athlete but lose little if any due to my alcohol conusption

I dont think I have a 'problem' but I'm very social person and my house is the hang out spot

I noromally drink beer, which is probably the worst ... is wine better? I don't normally drink hard stuff, but am willing to give it a go .. someone suggested crown royal and apple juice?

Replies

• maritzausa
    maritzausa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can make Vodka tonic's with diet tonic and fresh squeezed lime. Once you've had your first drink you can put more soda water and tonic as the night goes and you will save tons of calories. And...:sick: no hangovers!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    You're absolute safest bet is a vodka tonic. You can squeeze a bit of lime in it for some taste, and I'm pretty sure its only roughly 60cal?

My question is, why do you drink? Personally, as a student (guilty confession time :blushing: ) I'm usually more in it for a buzz than flavour. If thats the same for you, stick to something low cal, so you can have a few.

If you really just enjoy your beer, maybe invest in something a little more expensive, that you'd consider more of a treat. When my grandfather drinks Brava or Bud, he'll usually down 3-4, but when he gets Carlsberg or Keith's (his favourites) one is usually enough.

Just suggestions :flowerforyou:
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    vodka, gin, scotch and rum clock in at about 60 calories a serving. My go to drink is scotch and soda or water OR rum and diet coke. You can have three of those for the "cost" of a beer. Wine is about 100 calories a glass, and obviously, proper cocktails are like having desert....forget those, you can blow an entire daily allowance trying to catch a buzz off of those. Plus, straight liquor with mixers that carry no sugar are a cleaner hangover.

P.S. don't forget that you don't just screw your body up calorie wise when drinking.....you're also more likely to make dumb eating decisions afterwards when you're dying to have something soak up the booze and the only things open are kabab stands, taco smell, and denny's. Also, don't forget the bloat factor. You'll retain water for a couple of days after you've gone on a binge. Trust me, I'm an expert at this.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Hhaha you posted before I finished typing! Sorry about the repeat info :tongue:
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    also, alternate booze with non-booze. People suggest water, but I gulp down water so quickly, so I prefer to alternate rum-dietcoke/straight coke/rum-diet coke. I haven't gotten any less of a buzz. My husband has joined me, and he says his hangovers are better.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've always been in the same boat but I've been cutting down recently. I find that liquor isn't that much lower in calories than a light beer, so personally I don't see the difference!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I know ! haha I don't normally drink to excess, it's more of a social butterfly thing ... I live in small town and always have the boys over for hockey games and races, and it turns into a drinkathon ... but rarely do I 'get drunk' ... just beer is what they always bring over, but lately they've been bringing me bottles of wine ... BUT the rare few times I hit the only club here in town, I hit 7-11 and get a fist full of Toquito's after! lol
  • yagnub
    yagnub Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank You! I wanted to ask your question, but was afraid that I would come across as though i had a drinking problem. I have the same problem with my house being the sports house and all the guys always bringing over beer. Nice to know it's not just me. :drinker: