Desperate for help..

Options
Hi MFP users! My name is Rick (58 years old) and I am from Ontario, Canada. My daughter introduced me to this site in January and I failed miserably. From Sept 4-Nov 14 of last year I was in the hospital (surgery complications), and since I have been home my weight has gone back up to 312lbs. I am desperate to lose weight. I don't want to end up in the hospital again. I now have the desire and the willpower to do this, but I really need some friends that can help me along my way. I will do the same for you. Please feel free to add me, and good luck to you on your path to weight loss.

Replies

• calroseangelo
    Options
    I am on MFP everyday multiple times. If you need any help feel free to add me. I'll do what I can to help you reach your goal!! :happy: Good luck!!
  • ladypirotessa
    Options
    Hey Rick!

Welcome back to MFP! It's great to hear that you are ready to get back on the bandwagon! Surgery is always hard and makes things more difficult, but if you are ready, there are TONS of people on here who are more than willing to help! Add me if you like :)

Keep your chin up and just take it slow!

~LadyPirotessa
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi Rick! Welcome back :flowerforyou:
    Feel free to send me a friends request if you'd like. I'm here every day and while I'm not "genius" at this stuff, I've had some pretty decent success. Look forward to cheering you on up there in the North:drinker:
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Glad you started to want to make change in your health and in your life and came onto MFP!! Here to help and encourage and give support. You Can Do Mr. Rick!!
  • hondagirl26
    Options
    Hi Rick,

I am from Ontario also (Ottawa) and am online everyday. Feel free to add me.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    We can all help you Rick and be friends!!
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Rick, nice to meet you. My name is Kim and I'm not new, new but kind of old new. Did that make any sense? Oh well prolly not. I'm 46 year old mom of 4 and grandma to 4 girls who are my whole world. I started my journey in Feb. I decided I wanted to lose 100lbs. To date I've lost 25 and I'm pretty happy so far. I would love to have you as a friend. I live in the U.S. My hubby and I have a farm on the outskirts of Toledo Ohio. A small town called Swanton. Well enough about me, I look forward to your friend request.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey RIck, welcome back!!! Add me, we're all in this together :)
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Welcome Back!!! It's wonderful that you are starting and not giving up! I will send you a request i am on everyday and have many Canadian Friends....Tara from Fl. :smile:
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'll be supportive, add me. It's a hard thing, sometimes we are more with it than other times, just gotta keep chugging away. :flowerforyou:
  • city2city
    city2city Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words. I am overwhelmed by the amount of responses so quickly! Unfortunately MFP won't let me make friends with more than 5 people at the moment. I have to wait 10 minutes to add more. Please feel free to add me. Thanks again. :)